• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S's ACE Promo Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoremaC-_-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:16 am Reply with quote
filler stuff? sigh*... seems like its following the same style in season 1. although i can sympathise with JC studios possible desire to create their own stories rather than reformatting someone else's you have to respect the heart of the orginal series.

for me as long as the sister arc isn't as light hearted i heard it would be in this season i'll enjoy this, as i find it hard to effectively portray a story about mass genocide and human value to keep to this K-on style about the misadventures of 4 high school girls.

on a less personal note i'll enjoy listening to this new song.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:23 am Reply with quote
More "filler" is fine because the worst filler episode of Railgun was still better than basically all of Index II

Glad to see Haru'ue Erii is still going to be around.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 am Reply with quote
a cool opening, and a good hearty chuckle courtesy of Fencedude. good way to start the day
NoremaC-_-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:45 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
More "filler" is fine because the worst filler episode of Railgun was still better than basically all of Index II

Glad to see Haru'ue Erii is still going to be around.

Index II had accelerator, i rest my case.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote
It ain't like Naruto fillers so its ok.

They have to link the final arc to something.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote
NoremaC-_- wrote:
filler stuff? sigh*... seems like its following the same style in season 1. although i can sympathise with JC studios possible desire to create their own stories rather than reformatting someone else's you have to respect the heart of the orginal series.

They'd be crazy to not do "More filler stuff"... Railgun is one of their biggest hit anime of all time, and a big part of the reason why is because it appealed a lot to the people who enjoyed seeing cute girls doing cute things.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
NoremaC-_-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
/\
Lol i can't argue with that logic, but i just don't like how they twist biribiri's character in the railgun show for the sake of making her a cute. this is a problem as the original sister arc develops her in favour of showing her human side and highlighting the fact that all level 5's are crazy. and judging by recent interviews i've read JC studios looks to tone down on this theme.
kazziyan wrote:
It ain't like Naruto fillers so its ok.

They have to link the final arc to something.

this wouldn't be a problem if they waited for enough source material, the final arc for railgun S1 would have been great if it was the sisters arc. i was actually hoping they would use the railgun lightnovel material and the briefly mentioned tree diagram remnant between arc events.

although personally i think it would have been much better to cover the sisters arc in a movie.

i only read naruto so i wouldn't know.

my main problem isn't the fillers themselves as index has allot of seemingly unrelated arcs but it's the lack of respect towards what the series is originally about. but i guess there is nothing to gain from copying the original, so i'm going to stop imposing what i think the series should be. although i'm still not happy with the decisions the studio has made but will be looking forward to muginos appearance.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote
I'm ok with the filler since really after the sisters arc everything else would be kinda screwed up since they intro'd Kongou in season 1. So they'd have to alter her intro arc somehow to fit in.

Plus the Daihasei Festival isn't even finished in the manga (though odds are it's going to end by the time the anime finishes up).

If they're smart about it they'll have the first half be the sisters arc with maybe one or two eps of filler to alter the story enough to fit into the mess known as the anime timeline. Then the second half ends up being an altered Kongou mini arc + the other little side chps in the manga. With the last bit being the Daihasei Festival.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
filler or not I could care less, I'm just happy that the sister arc is going to be fleshed out more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote
Two more days! Two more days! Very Happy
kazziyan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
I'm ok with the filler since really after the sisters arc everything else would be kinda screwed up since they intro'd Kongou in season 1. So they'd have to alter her intro arc somehow to fit in.

Plus the Daihasei Festival isn't even finished in the manga (though odds are it's going to end by the time the anime finishes up).

If they're smart about it they'll have the first half be the sisters arc with maybe one or two eps of filler to alter the story enough to fit into the mess known as the anime timeline. Then the second half ends up being an altered Kongou mini arc + the other little side chps in the manga. With the last bit being the Daihasei Festival.

The library scene seems to be in the PV... that's where spoiler[Misaki-sama shows up, right?]

I guess they'll leave off somewhere in the Daihaiseisai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1