• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Man Arrested for Downloading Anime, Games, Manga in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
It's that time of the month? When they catch one guy to show that they're actually doing something?
Makeinu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
I did a double take when I read Sorachi's name. Very Happy The ape-man himself getting worked up about some bloke torrenting Gin Tama? Not bloody likely.

Nintendo, on the other hand...
Togame

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:45 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The authorities said that the suspect has been using file-sharing software for 10 years, and that he turned himself in to the police in December after seeing arrest reports appear on the 2channel forum.

Gentlemen, the world's finest dumbass.
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
Togame wrote:
Quote:
The authorities said that the suspect has been using file-sharing software for 10 years, and that he turned himself in to the police in December after seeing arrest reports appear on the 2channel forum.

Yes, I can see this only happening in Japan.
Kokoroanime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Cookie Jar blamed pirating, used DVD sales, and episodes uploaded on the internet like YouTube for low profit and financial troubles.

That's why they had to go out of business and be merged with another animation company last year.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
It's that time of the month? When they catch one guy to show that they're actually doing something?

Today is the day Yakuza laugh heartily all the way to the bank.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

Seems to me that ANN enjoys reporting these stories, as much as they do, but that's just a feeling.
Kefkiroth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Happiness for Subaru wrote:
Togame wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I can see this only happening in Japan.

Yeah, I don't see why he couldn't have just deleted all the content he pirated if he felt so guilty.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:16 am Reply with quote
Kokoroanime wrote:
Cookie Jar blamed pirating, used DVD sales, and episodes uploaded on the internet like YouTube for low profit and financial troubles.

That's why they had to go out of business and be merged with another animation company last year.
Oh is that what they call Magi Nation being a load of crap these days?
Kokoroanime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:43 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Kokoroanime wrote:

I thought Nagi Nation was anime-liked when it first aired on Kids' WB. But what Cookie Jar had before is Spider Riders. We still have Cookie Jar Programming airing on ThisTV and CBS.

That's why Cookie Jar SLD itself to DHX Media and watching their programming on YouTube.
Sparvid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
According to the police, the suspect used the file-sharing software Share and Perfect Dark

Has anyone ever been arrested in Japan for simply using regular torrents? I can't recall hearing about that.
11G4GUNOT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Kokoroanime wrote:
Conan-san wrote:
Kokoroanime wrote:

I thought Nagi Nation was anime-liked when it first aired on Kids' WB. But what Cookie Jar had before is Spider Riders. We still have Cookie Jar Programming airing on ThisTV and CBS.

That's why Cookie Jar SLD itself to DHX Media and watching their programming on YouTube.

Last time was the wonderful wizard of oz 1986 on thistv then scan2go on cartoon network before DHX Media
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1