• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[AU] anime releases not licensed/released in N. America

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Chihayafuru, Part 1 listed @ EzyDVD with a May 23rd release date (preliminary?).
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:23 am Reply with quote
via Madman Ent. Facebook page
Quote:
BIG NEWS! We will be releasing CODE GEASS: AKITO THE EXILED on a subtitled edition DVD in July. This will be the first western release in the world!

No Blu-Ray release for the time being. We do not know when a dub will ever be produced but we didn't want fans to have to wait any longer either so we're releasing this now on DVD only. Should a dub be created, we'll likely do a BD release.

Only the Blu-Ray does and that costs $60. Our DVD will be $24.95SRP.

We do not know when or if an English dub will ever be released, which is why we have chosen to release this subtitled version for the time being. It allows us to be able to release it quicker.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:24 am Reply with quote
Quote:
They're back! We will be releasing Cowboy Bebop on Blu-Ray in July! Get ready to jam again Space Cowboys!
supercreep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:49 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Quote:
They're back! We will be releasing Cowboy Bebop on Blu-Ray in July! Get ready to jam again Space Cowboys!

Does that potentially signal anything for a NA release? It has to come here, right?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
Does that potentially signal anything for a NA release? It has to come here, right?

Not directly - it's not like they have to wait for someone in the US to create a dub. I'd be very surprised if someone didn't announce a license in NA at some point in the near future however.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:45 am Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:46 am Reply with quote
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Collection (Blu-Ray) | June 19th, 2013
http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/19715/code-geass-lelouch-of-the-rebellion-r2-collection-bluray

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Vol. 06 (DVD) | June 19th, 2013
http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/17956/mobile-suit-gundam-unicorn-vol-06

WTK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes, it's true. We have finally announced Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo. It will be coming to cinemas across Australia and New Zealand as part of REEL ANIME 2013 later this year. Final dates and the final line up for REEL ANIME will be revealed at each of the upcoming Supanova Pop Culture Expo's In the mean time, we have set up a website - www.reelanime.com
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:31 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Quote:
Yes, it's true. We have finally announced Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo. It will be coming to cinemas across Australia and New Zealand as part of REEL ANIME 2013 later this year. Final dates and the final line up for REEL ANIME will be revealed at each of the upcoming Supanova Pop Culture Expo's In the mean time, we have set up a website - www.reelanime.com

I guess that means we can expect FUNimation to announce their acquisition fairly soon as well. No way Madman would license something as huge as EVA 3.0 without a dub to go along with it.

EDIT: My mistake, I didn't realize this was just for cinema showings. Still, this can be taken as a sign of moving in the right direction for a home release.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote
So anyone know how long it generally takes Siren to restock? I want to get the Denoh Coil Complete Collection which is listed as out of stock for at least a few weeks now. Is there another Australian site with similar pricing that has it and would ship to the US?
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
EDIT: My mistake, I didn't realize this was just for cinema showings. Still, this can be taken as a sign of moving in the right direction for a home release.

That's the step one for the other territories as well (Hong Kong, Korea, and Taiwan). There is (almost) no way that they won't do a home video release. The problem is (like UK), they will be waiting for the North American distributor to dub the movie.
Kruszer wrote:
So anyone know how long it generally takes Siren to restock? I want to get the Denoh Coil Complete Collection which is listed as out of stock for at least a few weeks now. Is there another Australian site with similar pricing that has it and would ship to the US?

Look sure about how fast Siren Visual restocks.

Here are two listings for comparison.
- http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/dennou-coil-complete-series/dp/6119665
- https://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/anime/dennou-coil-complete-series/676759
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I've gotten all my AU releases from Chaos which has free shipping (internationally!) for all orders over $60 (not sure if AUD or USD).

http://us.chaos.com/DVD/dennou-coil-complete-series/dp/12987245
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I've gotten all my AU releases from Chaos which has free shipping (internationally!) for all orders over $60 (not sure if AUD or USD).

Well, I ordered but I got an error message, then I went into my email and saw an order confirmation, so it seems it went through...probably. Confused
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Finally, the third of our big 3 announcements from Supanova Pop Culture Expo was of course Fate/Zero! Release details are to be confirmed, but it will be a bilingual release.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

\

Oh wow thanks for the tip!

edit: Just ordered Dennou Coil from Chaos but I also got an error message when I tried to submit my payment. I don't really want to resubmit because I don't want my credit card to be charged twice.

I was planning on waiting until Mononoke came out but now I am worried about the stock for the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 23