• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Devil Survivor 2 the Animation TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully they'll do what they did with the Persona 4 anime and get the voice cast from the game for the dub.
terminus24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:19 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Hopefully they'll do what they did with the Persona 4 anime and get the voice cast from the game for the dub.
That would be great, except for one tiny problem:
Devil Survivor 2 never got dubbed, in any language. So the Japanese VAs in the anime are the first VAs for DeSu2.

The cast better be good, though, as they'll most likely be the cast for the English version of Break Code.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Called it xD
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm liking the show, but I'm not sure I'll need to own it once I've finished watching the CR stream. We'll see.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:46 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Hopefully they won't do what they did with Persona 4 and leave off the Japanese Dub track over reverse importation worries.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Devil Survivor 2 never got dubbed, in any language. So the Japanese VAs in the anime are the first VAs for DeSu2.

Devil Survivor 2 is getting a 3ds game sometime this year. And I'm assuming like Devil Survivor 1 it will be dubbed.
Tratious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Not unexpected since they did put it in their pr when they announced Henneko.

Quote:
Sentai Filmworks celebrates its 5th Anniversary as one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like Persona 4, Girls und Panzer, Devil Survivor 2, Bodacious Space Pirates, Majestic Prince and High School of the Dead as well as high etc, etc, etc.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Hopefully they won't do what they did with Persona 4 and leave off the Japanese Dub track over reverse importation worries.

Well, Aniplex has nothing to do with this show, so it shouldn't be an issue. They appear to have licensed this from Showgate, who hasn't placed any such restrictions on its shows.

This isn't particularly surprising given the CR announcement and the fact that they already leaked it in their last PR.

Last edited by dragonrider_cody on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

I think they learned their lesson on that one. They'd probably either decide to wait until they have full clearance rights, or put out a DVD-only release first followed by bluray when the rights become available.
Khooni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Woah Sentai is on a licensing spree!!! i hope they dub all the anime they've licensed
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Mr Adventure wrote:

Well, Aniplex has nothing to do with this show, so it shouldn't be an issue. They appear to have licensed this from Showgate, who hasn't placed any such restrictions on its shows.

This isn't particularly surprising given the CR announcement and the fact that they already leaked it in their last PR.

This is... good to hear. I didn't get 4 on blu because of that whole thing that happened. Still hoping that they will print a complete set on blu with both languages, ONE DAY in the future...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Khooni wrote:
Woah Sentai is on a licensing spree!!! i hope they dub all the anime they've licensed

Not really. They have only licensed 4 series from Spring 2013 (and 6 series from Winter 2013). Last year they really were in a licensing spree. They licensed about 40 series that began airing in 2012.

And no, Sentai is not going to dub everything. It will be too risky, financially speaking.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quote
So far in 2013 Sentai has made 18 licensing announcements with a further 4 if you count their Maiden Japan line, which you should. We aren't even a third of the way through the year. So yeah, Sentai is on a bit of a spree. Certainly way more than any other R1 distrib, including Funimation.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
So far in 2013 Sentai has made 18 licensing announcements with a further 4 if you count their Maiden Japan line, which you should. We aren't even a third of the way through the year. So yeah, Sentai is on a bit of a spree. Certainly way more than any other R1 distrib, including Funimation.

Sounds kinda like stocks... Diversify! They're certainly not putting all their eggs in one basket.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Khooni wrote:

They certainly won't ~ that's why they can license so many, so early, since they only dub the ones that look promising.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2