• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - July 22nd - 28th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Boy you sure go through a lot to make the click. I would be tired after all of that.

Regarding IGPX, does anyone know what CNs official reason it was moved to the midnight slot. Or is it they simply aren't giving a reason. I mean I can understand them not saying anything on TV, but it is just rude not to give some sort of press release. I mean there are fans you know.

By the way I did watch it last night.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:09 pm Reply with quote
As one of the ten people who read you column I must say Thanks ever so much for putting so much work into it. It's good to know that chickens are making these vital selections for you.

Seriously, Hilarious dude.
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Boy you sure go through a lot to make the click. I would be tired after all of that.

Regarding IGPX, does anyone know what CNs official reason it was moved to the midnight slot. Or is it they simply aren't giving a reason. I mean I can understand them not saying anything on TV, but it is just rude not to give some sort of press release. I mean there are fans you know.

By the way I did watch it last night.

They don't have a official press release but, it was due to low ratings on Saturday.

They did make a promo telling the audience about the move, so it's not like they left fans in the dark.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
They did make a promo telling the audience about the move, so it's not like they left fans in the dark.

Well I saw that promo several times, and I felt left in the dark as to why they were moving. Which is what I am talking about.

SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
They don't have a official press release but, it was due to low ratings on Saturday.

This is the second time on these forums that you say it was because of ratings. Where is this so called unofficial source you are getting this info. I'll ask just like I did in the other thread. Could you please provide some links. Or at the very least explain yourself more on this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:

This is the second time on these forums that you say it was because of ratings. Where is this so called unofficial source you are getting this info. I'll ask just like I did in the other thread. Could you please provide some links. Or at the very least explain yourself more on this.

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=170849

Here, look at post numbers 16 and 17. TZ is very reliable when it comes to this stuff.

Also, if the show was doing so well on Toonami, why would they take it off?
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
No doubt, all ten of you who enjoy my column on a regular basis...

Now, then, who are these other nine? Laughing
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
Quote:
No doubt, all ten of you who enjoy my column on a regular basis...

Now, then, who are these other nine? Laughing

I'll admit, I'm one of the other 9 who enjoy "The Click" every week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I don't always respond in the thread, but I do read it each week. I loved reading that intro. Who knew it took so much work? Laughing
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:06 am Reply with quote
You sure bust your butt off to get this column to us. However, you did not mention how you put your hilarious commentary together each week. Meh, I'm sure it's something that you think up in your 2 minutes of allotted downtime each week... or maybe it was the chickens!
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quote
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=170849

Here, look at post numbers 16 and 17. TZ is very reliable when it comes to this stuff.

Also, if the show was doing so well on Toonami, why would they take it off?

Thank you for that. I have a hard time believing these things. Sorry if I came off snipey but this is the internet and people can and do just make stuff up. I guess that mod/reviewer on #17 quote will be the closest thing we will get to anything out of CN.

There is just so much that doesn't make sense about all of this. I mean CN ordered another season, right? This infers that season 1 ratings were good enough to warrent a season 2. Yet to replace this show with a re-run means that season 2 ratings were dismal compared to season 1. Why the change between seasons? You can see how this line of thought brings the conclusion that it was taken off by something other than ratings. My idea of why there was a diference in the ratings, because the first season was not shown durring the summer.
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I actually like IGPX season 2, and now they move it. Mad Jeez.

Anyway, let's just say I'm the 3rd person who read this column. Razz Those IFC/AZN/etc. channels don't advertise their shows much; and both CN and AS have this terrible habit of moving their shows around for no particular reason, of which The Click is of great help

(The newest Eureka 7 episode is getting really interesting: Renton's something other than a clumsy anime kid, maybe even a little evil!)
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Hey, Brian, if you need episode descriptions for Trinity Blood, Basilisk, (and possibly Samurai 7) go to http://www.razer.ca/tvschedule.htm and click on the day when the show premires.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quote
DELETED.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I too enjoy reading The Click every week. Very Happy
If it weren't for this feature, I never would have realized all of these movie channels with anime. Thanks for all of your work.
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I do hope you realize we read every week. It's just not the type of column that generates lots of discussion. But I always read it all. It's quite helpful. I never would have known all the anime I was missing on tv if it wasn't for you
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2