• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Corpse Party: Tortured Souls Anime's 2nd Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for this! They should make a whole series...

Love the music in Corpse Party.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
4 episodes, i wonder that will be enough to show most of the plot of the game?
venomblade89

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Ooh I love Corpse Party, it's as close to Higurashi that I can get to lol, can't wait for this.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I've been reading some Corpse Party manga lately but ya, this looks interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Amazon Japan has the whole set listed as being 120 minutes. 30 minutes for each episode isn't bad. It'll be interesting to see how this translates to anime.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Basically a movie based on a game.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote
It won't be a Higurashi, which didn't actually use a lot of shock or gore to scare the living shits out of 90% of the people who watched it, but hopefully it'll be close enough.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:24 am Reply with quote
Little_Hawk wrote:
It won't be a Higurashi, which didn't actually use a lot of shock or gore to scare the living shits out of 90% of the people who watched it, but hopefully it'll be close enough.

Corpse Party is most certainly not scary because of its shock and gore - it is much more scary because of the music, atmosphere, and voice acting. More than anything, the game preys on your thoughts of "what might happen". Implying that the game is scary due to the gore/shock factor are certainly not the reasons why I thought the games were so scary.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to this OVA adaptation to see what they can do to make it the same scary experience that I got from playing the game.

Also, XSEED released the sequel - Corpse Party: Book of Shadows - not too long ago, that should probably be mentioned in the article as well.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:46 am Reply with quote
Personally I found the first game to be quite tame, now Book of Shadows scares the living daylights out of me due to the fact they're a lot more detail and it's a heavy focus on voice acting.

Anyway I think they can fit all of the plot from the first game in to 4 eps. If split it up so ep 1 covers chp 1 and part of chp 2, then ep 2 cover the rest of chp 2 and the start of chp 3. Which leaves you with ep 3 covering the rest of chp 3 and part of chp 4. Ep 4 covering the remaining part of the story.

I mean they can shorten the first two chps as well if need be, most of the plot happens in chps 3-5 of the game, even then there's way to shorten it down to fit in to 120mins.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1