• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokemon XY Anime Footage Previewed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote
Win!
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote
In before haters

I am so ready for this!
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Where the hell are Cilan and Iris? Weren't they supposed to be going with him to Kanto?
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
ShatteredWorld wrote:
Where the hell are Cilan and Iris? Weren't they supposed to be going with him to Kanto?

I have a feeling their not going to be in X/Y.

But what i really hope is that for this series , he is not 10 years old.its getting ridiculous that he is still 10 after Gen 6.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote
ShatteredWorld wrote:

We've already got confirmation, through Decolor posters in Japan, that Dent/Cilan and Iris are saying their goodbyes to him at the end of Decolor. This trailer makes it evident that he's arriving in the new region alone, so he will probably meet his new companions there.

Also... Harimarron, please! Choose Harimarron!
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

But what i really hope is that for this series , he is not 10 years old.its getting ridiculous that he is still 10 after Gen 6.

In a cartoon for kidsn I really wish people would stop bringing it up every topic... I'll be watching though, not worrying on his age.
Ryasha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

In a cartoon for kidsn I really wish people would stop bringing it up every topic... I'll be watching though, not worrying on his age.

I wouldn't have a problem with the age thing if they hadn't done things like...say years had passed on the show or show Ash (appearing to) get bigger/taller and more mature.......just to scrap that once Black & White/Best Wishes came about.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote
The only problem I have with his age is that for all the many years of Pokemon and all the episodes and adventures Ash has been on, the more and more we see that happen during his 10th year, each individual event holds less and less significance and importance because they are so restrained to that year :/.

Him and Pikachu have this amaziiiing bond yet they haven't even known each other for a year yet, hell probably not even half a year...idk. it just makes that seem less great that which the series portrays.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Time passes, it's just no one gets older. It's a common tactic in long-running cartoons. Not a big deal, guys.

I'm interested to see who he travels with. Serena or Sana? Or perhaps both if we're lucky.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to seeing all the new Trainers and new Pokemon. Smile
I wonder if this will mean that Jessie, James, and Meowth of Team Rocket will end up going back to being just mischievous thieves that want to pester Ash while pilfering Pikachu in the process? From what I've heard, their attempts at portraying a darker characteristic didn't work so well for many people...

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
R. Glover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
No doubt this will also air on Cartoon Network soon. CN aired at least 1 episode back in 2001 before regularly airing reruns at 9p, back when it was still on Kids' WB!. CN started airing new episodes starting with season 9 back in Sep. 2006 (and aired Pokémon Chronicles in June 2006; the first time it was aired in the US). I no longer watch CN anymore (nor do I watch Adult Swim nor Boomerang anymore) because of what it's put us through (quickly removing DC Nation for 3 months back in October, canceling many other action shows, and now airing EVERYTHING in widescreen -- EVERYTHING -- even the shows meant to air in STANDARD definition). Now, I USED to watch shows like these, but I can't even enjoy them now because of current CN CEO "evil" Stuart Snyder's aforementioned decisions. He prefers sitcoms (both animated and live-action) over action shows, yet continues to pick them up. Also, Boomerang, meant for classic cartoons, and a former programming block on CN, has been airing more recent stuff, like Almost Naked Animals, Ben 10: Omniverse (even airing new episodes before CN at one point), and new episodes of stuff at late-night (like 3am or 3:30am) before CN, like Johnny Test and Grojband.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
So is he still 10
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I wonder if this will mean that Jessie, James, and Meowth of Team Rocket will end up going back to being just mischievous thieves that want to pester Ash while pilfering Pikachu in the process? From what I've heard, their attempts at portraying a darker characteristic didn't work so well for many people...

They already have. The reception to their serious change wasn't horrible, but it wasn't enough to justify keeping them that way for more than the majority of BW.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote
I know it probably wont happen, but it would be cool if Ash didn't get any companions and tackled this journey by himself
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Time passes, it's just no one gets older. It's a common tactic in long-running cartoons. Not a big deal, guys.

I'm interested to see who he travels with. Serena or Sana? Or perhaps both if we're lucky.

I doubt it will be serena . if they didn't allowed him to be accompanied with Neither Touko/Hilda nor Mei / Rosa then i doubt they are gonna let him be accompanied by any of the main antagonists

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I look forward to seeing all the new Trainers and new Pokemon. Smile

Kinda of a weird doubt standard , which was why they made the rocket gang go back to their stupid selves after the Team Plasma VS Team Rocket episodes . Though its only occured cause the japaneese fanbase wined and compained about it, while the US audience liked the new attitude. but when they reverted back , it went a complete 180. the japaneese audience like them back the way they were but the US fanbase went on an online rampage.

Though i liked the new Team Rocket attitude from the start of Best Wishes , i could definitely understand why they change them back.

It seems that over there the more they Americanized a series , the unhappy the audience over there gets which in a way hurts their viewers ratings. definitely a double standard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2