• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Ultra Violence

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I suspect the fifth character is Asura from "Asura's Wrath". They even had a DLC in that game where you fight Ryu in a Street Fighter type scenario.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Nope, I've read that the character is all new and not from another Capcom property, kinda like Hakan/Juri, so sorry...

Also for more good news, even though its already posted on the main page...Aquapazza English release! Thank you based Atlus, also good at the $30 price point! Anime hyper
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Vita: You forgot Persona 4 Golden, Dragon's Crown and Muramasa Rebirth. Are you for real, ya damn pariah! Are you blind on top of being ignorant!? Guess I shouldn't expect much from someone whose name is Todd. I mean who even names their brat Todd anymore these days? (Lol, is that fake abusive enough?) XD

Shadow of the Beast: Excellent choice for a PS4 remake. Too bad it'll be lost on today's modern gaming crowd who don't know the original game, as usual.

Ultra Street Fighter IV: Haha, I totally recognized the art there. GENZOMAN from DA did those alternate costumes. I don't care much for the existence of this game though.

New Super Luigi U: So is this the last game for the Year of Luigi? Or is there one more I don't yet know about?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm very happy with my Vita so far. These are the games I have for it:

Atelier Totori Plus
Disgaea 3
Hot Shots Golf
Lets Fish Hooked On
MLB 13 The Show
Persona 4 Golden
Mortal Kombat
Touch My Katamari
Guilty Gear XX
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Street Fighter x Tekken

And thats not even counting a bunch of PS Plus games I've got for it. I certainly get more time out of it then my 3DS.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Vita still seems pretty worthless if you don't care about indies and/or ports of games you already have. Hell, most if not all those indie games are ports themselves and are already on Steam.

But that seems to be the direction Sony is pushing the Vita and it seems kind of lazy to me. I won't be purchasing one anytime soon if ever. A pricedrop isn't enough at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Northlander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Shadow of the Beast: Excellent choice for a PS4 remake. Too bad it'll be lost on today's modern gaming crowd who don't know the original game, as usual.

Which may or may not be a good thing, as the original was kind of a "great graphics, shame about the gameplay" deal. (And the Megadrive port as it was released in America certainly didn't help matters.)

I'm assuming they're going for a 3D brawler with this one, so all I can ask of the creators is this: please do not drown the game in quicktime events.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Vita still seems pretty worthless if you don't care about indies and/or ports of games you already have. Hell, most if not all those indie games are ports themselves and are already on Steam.

But that seems to be the direction Sony is pushing the Vita and it seems kind of lazy to me. I won't be purchasing one anytime soon if ever. A pricedrop isn't enough at all.

Its also very heavy on otaku games, at least in Japan. Like Conception 2 recently shipped twice as many copies for Vita than 3DS since thats the system the otaku own. Senran Kagura also sold like twice as many copies on Vita than it did on 3DS. It remains to be seen how many of those types of games actually come out over here though..

http://i.imgur.com/HnEEfuG.jpg

On a slightly different note, heres a list of all the Vita current and upcoming games. Quite a lot of good ones IMO.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Rime looks incredible, can't wait to play it.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:

I might pick one up after the PS4 comes out, especially if the "streaming games from ps4 to vita" thing becomes common.

Playing triple a games while on the toilet excites me like no other prospect in gaming.

Until then there really isn't anything I must have for this yet.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
Which may or may not be a good thing, as the original was kind of a "great graphics, shame about the gameplay" deal. (And the Megadrive port as it was released in America certainly didn't help matters.)

I'm assuming they're going for a 3D brawler with this one, so all I can ask of the creators is this: please do not drown the game in quicktime events.

I had a different comment in mind when I posted that, but I decided against it since I'm sure someone would have gotten up in arms about it.

Hopefully they do this remake right and pay homage to the original's unique premise. And yes, do not drown it in QTEs. Those need to be banned from modern games, but I'm pretty sure someone will ask me why I feel that way.
EternalKnight001

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote
How could you forget P4G and Muramasa for Vita? For shame Very Happy

VERY excited for the new P4A, including Yuraki <3. Still wish a few more characters were added to the roster, especially if this is indeed a completely new game and not just DLC add on but.... beggers cannot be choosers.... I spose. Wondering about the 'shadow play'; but sounds interesting all the same. And no, not Rise. Dojima. Yep.

PS4 launch date- kind of anticipated that. I mean, when else could it be, really...?

getting both Miku and Sweet Fuse next week. Pretty dang excited.
Raja

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
The Hatsune Miku game interests me, but I had always heard that rhythm games and HD TVs don't mix well. The amount of processing done to the final image supposedly introduces enough lag that timing issues with things that require precise controller reactions screws things up. I certainly saw this when trying to play a 太鼓の達人 game on my PS2...how goes it w. PS3 games?
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
... they're still releasing PSP games?
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Raja wrote:
The Hatsune Miku game interests me, but I had always heard that rhythm games and HD TVs don't mix well. The amount of processing done to the final image supposedly introduces enough lag that timing issues with things that require precise controller reactions screws things up. I certainly saw this when trying to play a 太鼓の達人 game on my PS2...how goes it w. PS3 games?

Some tvs have trouble with processing the image fast enough that result in lag, but some are very good about it. You would probably know if you did by playing any game where you have to have twitch reaction time.

And I actually got P4 Golden a while ago as a present even though I don't have a Vita just because I intend to get one and want to play it. I know I will eventually get one, but it doesn't have enough original games out. There is Gravity Rush.... Uhhhh... Yeah, otherwise just meh games or stuff you can already play elsewhere. I had the same problem with the psp; I just picked up a used one for 70 bucks (no kidding) to play KH Birth by Sleep, FF Crisis Core, and FF Dissidia (along with the first two Disgaea ports). Not enough games are unique to Sony handhelds that are really worth playing.
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I suggest Persona 4 Arena: Wait Two More Updates Before We Finally Make Rise Playable.

*Reads above the fourth update to Street Fighter 4*

Is this update week?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3