• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - November 4th - November 10th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:25 am Reply with quote
Hey, what's with the "God Forbid" thing for the Mountain time zone!? Mad

In case you couldn't tell, I am being somewhat sarcastic
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:44 am Reply with quote
Ha! It's as funny as ever. I'm never disappointed in The Click.

...okay, I lied. I can't believe you let shows like Samurai 7 and Trinity Blood off the hook without a single joke involving mechs, samurais, Catholics, or vampires! Preferential treatment, I say!

*marks Steamboy's rerun on his calendar, which he'll probably miss anyway, but whatever*
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:42 am Reply with quote
Ah, that Basilisk comment was great.

As for G4TTV Canada, I've never actually bothered to watch it (despite having had it for three-ish years now)but from what I've heard, due to CRTC licence restrictions, until now, they've only been able to air technolagy-related stuff. No maxim, Spike-ish stuff, just computer and video game programming. Also, it seems as though, while G4TTV USA has disposed of anime, G4TTV Canada is very serious about this type of programing. They even when as far as to specifically mention anime in their licence ammendment (sp?).
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:45 am Reply with quote
"The Click - November 4th - November 10th
by Zac Bertschy, Nov 4 2006"

Arrr.
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:18 am Reply with quote
Steamboy was not a "financial disaster". It was Otomo's best work since Metropolis. Besides, anything with Patrick Steward in it will always rock!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
Steamboy was not a "financial disaster". It was Otomo's best work since Metropolis. Besides, anything with Patrick Steward in it will always rock!
I think you're missing what "financial disaster" means. Which is: it lost money. If you read more carefully, he's actually mad because most folks never supported it.

Regardless, wasn't it his only work since Metropolis?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
"The Click - November 4th - November 10th
by Zac Bertschy, Nov 4 2006"

Arrr.

Oops, fixed.

Our system automatically puts my name in there when I'm editing the column, sometimes I forget to change it. My bad.

rocklobster wrote:

Hahaha. Just because you liked the film doesn't mean it somehow made money. Steamboy was a box office bomb both in Japan and the US.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:

Different directors (Otomo did Steamboy and Akira, Rintaro did Metropolis).

I'd check the encyclopedia to see what Otomo has been up to.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
halochief_90 wrote:

Different directors (Otomo did Steamboy and Akira, Rintaro did Metropolis).

I'd check the encyclopedia to see what Otomo has been up to.
Technically, Otomo did work on Metropolis (as a screen writer or something). I wouldn't consider it his work, but I didn't bring it up either.
Nebs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Oban Star-Racers
(Toon Disney)
Monday November 6 9:00pm - Episode 20 "Secret Like Sul" (Repeats Tue Nov 7 1:30am, Fri Nov 10 9:00pm, Sat Nov 11 1:30am)

For the younger set, Oban undoubtedly continues its streak of quality with this episode that I, nor anybody else, have seen, save of course those working diligently on the series itself.

Don't count out us older fans too. Wink This is one of my favorite current shows on TV right now. Having this (as well as Studio 60) on Monday nights the beginning of the week a little more bearable. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
Quote:
Oban Star-Racers
(Toon Disney)
Monday November 6 9:00pm - Episode 20 "Secret Like Sul" (Repeats Tue Nov 7 1:30am, Fri Nov 10 9:00pm, Sat Nov 11 1:30am)

For the younger set, Oban undoubtedly continues its streak of quality with this episode that I, nor anybody else, have seen, save of course those working diligently on the series itself.

Don't count out us older fans too. Wink This is one of my favorite current shows on TV right now. Having this (as well as Studio 60) on Monday nights the beginning of the week a little more bearable. ^^

ya, on Mondays i watch Oban, Heroes and.............*cough Power Rangers Mystic Force cough*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Just noticed this and I wasn't sure where else to post it. I'm not sure anyone really cares, either, but I figure I'll throw it out there.

AZN Television (the old International Channel) started running World of Narue this week. It airs Mon-Wed evening and then the same episodes run again early on Saturday morning. They are even showing it in Japanese with subtitles (they usually show anime dubbed).

AZN has also been showing Patlabor TV late on Saturday nights, and it looks like they plan on continuing to show it.

Here's a link to their schedule grid. I don't know how many people still get this channel, or are interested in either of these series, but I just thought I'd mention it.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quote
the end of last Night's Oban Star Racers was great. this show is definitely more than just a racing cartoon.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:14 am Reply with quote
Unless I missed it (and excuse me if I did), but:

Bandai is starting their new .hack series; .hack//ROOTS on November 10th, at 5am on Cartoon Network.

Source AoD - Link
emory

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:18 am Reply with quote
Ranma824 wrote:
Unless I missed it (and excuse me if I did), but:

Bandai is starting their new .hack series; .hack//ROOTS on November 10th, at 5am on Cartoon Network.

Source AoD - Link

It begins on the 11th. What dummy wrote the 10th on that PR?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2