• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Eccentric Family (Uchōten Kazoku) (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:36 am Reply with quote
He acknowledged his ashes would be eaten by worms (or bacteria, I'm not sure which he specified), but he felt that was a lonely fate. He preferred his uncremated flesh to be eaten by some creature who would enjoy it and whose belly would be filled by it, just as he has enjoyed eating other creatures.

I don't think the tanuki don't care whether they live or die, but if they have to die, they're at peace with that as long as they've completed their important duties like raising their young.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Well those two brothers are idiots, acting that way only proves that the are afraid he will win, and they show their hand. Their ace seemed to be quite strong though, I wonder how this fits into the blood thing mentioned earlier.

The main characters sure patient dealing with that old fool.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:54 am Reply with quote
I had to face palm myself during the latest episode but it was nice to hear a little about the truth regarding the brothers' dad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danilo07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote
Oh how surprising another great surprising another great episode.It is amazing how this series has yet to make a misstep.
One thing that I have seen with both this series and Tatami Galaxy,is how every single episode takes us back and reveals some new information about setting,how relationships are revealing themselves to be deeper then we previously thought.It must be the style of Tomihiko Morimi right?
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:58 am Reply with quote
There was an exhibition recently dedicated to The Eccetric Family and it showed storyboards,layouts and stuff http://nuruwota.blog4.fc2.com/blog-entry-2861.html.Storyboards in particular look [expletive] great!
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Who'd have thought that an anime about tanuki could be so heartwarming spoiler[(and heartbreaking)]? Ep. 8 almost spoiler[had me tear up a little bit at the end... Sad]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Indeed, episode 8 had feels and I felt it too ;.;

The raccoon drinking part was kinda funny though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

^^ Almost? I was crying all the way through it. Anime cry I also really liked how they used the spoiler[water falling on Yajiro to represent his tears, since as a frog he can't really cry.]

I thoroughly enjoyed the bit about spoiler[the train] though. Who knew spoiler[tanuki were responsible for such an enduring urban legend]? Very Happy
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

The feels, a great teary episode. The clincher was that the spoiler[eldest was crying for his brother].

I look forward to next episode as it looks like we will get some focus on Kaisei, which is much appreciated as she is a major part of the series despite never being seen.
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:22 pm Reply with quote
First of all what a beautiful synchrony between images and characters feelings.I have often seen that anime adaptations fail to have any purpose,since they are basically underusing the potential of its medium and simply relying on dialogue to carry through show.This show is different,I think images in this show carry as much as emotion as dialogue does and you can gather a lot of information just from them. For example spoiler[we were given hints that Akadama knew more about fathers death from shots that had him lying in hot tub.]I just wish PA Works will continue to create pieces of work like this.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:10 pm Reply with quote
This episode was so beautiful. I already liked the show, but this episode has made it one of my favorites of the season. I was on the verge of tears all through it and spoiler[Yaichiro crying for his younger brother ] finally cracked me.

The way the character relationships are slowly being revealed and crafted, their interactions, and the subtly beautiful way in which they express their feelings has me completely enraptured. As someone who is extremely close to my own family, this kind of stories of fraternal love and caring strike a deep chord within me. Dem feels in this show... I love them so much
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quote
So we finally meet the elusive Kaisei. All in all a quiet episode, though we got a bit more interesting information about spoiler[Souichirou and Benten's relationship for example,] it felt more like a calm before the storm ep.
I wonder if the latest scheme of Kaisei's idiot brothers spoiler[(it was pretty cute how she defended them!) somehow involves Yaichirou and a hotpot...]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Lol at little Yasaburo spoiler[setting the Stone on fire.] I hope he didn't forget to go get the Q-Tips. Smile

Things are starting to come together now. I think I understand most of what went down in the past, but this series never does the expected, so I'm likely wrong. I love this so much. I'm looking forward to rewatching it from beginning to end just as much as I look forward to each episode.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
The show has pretty tight writing,I can see some threads are starting to connect and story is coming to full circle.It feels like stuff is going to come down next week.
This episode didn't have as much as character development as I expected,but parts that featured it were great.I like that it was finally revealed that Souichiro wasnt such grand person after all.spoiler[It seems obvious that has fallen in love with Benten,while being in marriage with another person ,situations like this one are almost never seen in anime.]Anyway t is truly great to see a show that doesnt have any slip ups any week.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Lol, I couldn't take the spoiler[butt warming] parts seriously but wow, spoiler[Kaisei] is a cutie imo Cool . She was a pretty fun character to spoiler[watch even with that apology in that bath room.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 11