• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin Films Cast Tao Tsuchiya as Misao

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:36 am Reply with quote
I know Kenshin probaly isn't a huge property in America anymore, but I'm surprised no one has brought the first live action film on disc here yet.
Mogtaki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:42 am Reply with quote
The first film costs between £20 and £35 to buy here in the UK, but it's been a case of 'there's a film??'. They didn't really advertise it outside of Japan other than internet trailers people found. Japan haven't ever really been good at marketing their films outside of Japan, really.
kgw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:21 am Reply with quote
Since It's been released in Spain, I am quite sure it is in other European countries (like France, Italy or Germany). Still, it has not the popularity of Dragon Ball, or Ghibli's fame to enjoy better popularity.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
I might check the first movie since I am a kenshin fan, but I can't help feeling that some of the characters look fake in the pictures (live action ones).
scrwbll19

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote
[quote="shamisen the great"]I know Kenshin probaly isn't a huge property in America anymore, but I'm surprised no one has brought the first live action film on disc here yet.[/quote]

Actually, [url=http://www.amazon.com/movies-tv/dp/B00C7VZAQO]here[/url] is a subtitled Blu-ray of the movie that should be legit.
Anti_Nadalista

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote
It doesn't matter because this movie was already doomed from the moment they asked Fujiwara to play Shishio and he said yes.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Anti_Nadalista wrote:
It doesn't matter because this movie was already doomed from the moment they asked Fujiwara to play Shishio and he said yes.

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at this, considering the rest of the world is complaining about Ben Affleck being the next Batman.
karyuudo0127

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Anti_Nadalista wrote:

Probably the dumbest comment I've seen on ANN in a long time.
Dimlos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:02 am Reply with quote
I wonder how they will do Cho's hair. Will it actually look as crazy as it does in the source material or will it just be normal?
kakoishii

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Dimlos wrote:
I wonder how they will do Cho's hair. Will it actually look as crazy as it does in the source material or will it just be normal?

hopefully they leave it in line of what it looks like in that photo of him. Cho's hair was ridiculous even by anime standards, I don't really think people will be that bothered if they make it less ridiculous for the movie.
Fyndra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Another actress from Ryoumaden, why am I not surprised? Very Happy
Tsuchiya is so awesome, she seems to be almost as dedicated as Sato Takeru, wow. I love her already Smile

Now please be so kind and announce Hiko's actor, please...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1