• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Sakura Wars Anime in the Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aluria

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote
As much as I love Sakura Taisen, I think this series is done with. But who knows, it might turn out to be a good show*shrugs*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Asrialys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Hm...No Lachette, the knife thrower? Too bad. Still looking forward to it. Wish I could play the games.
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quote
http://www.sakura-taisen.com/ova5_newyork.html
Maybe someone can help me find where on that site does it announce the release date of the first volume for this OVA?

-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Karasuhebi wrote:
http://www.sakura-taisen.com/ova5_newyork.html
Maybe someone can help me find where on that site does it announce the release date of the first volume for this OVA?

-Karasuhebi

Look at the paragraph on the Home Page:

Quote:
Volume 1 of the series drops April 4 in Japan
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I know, I read that. My post was basically questioning where did that release date came from, since I see it nowhere in the official Japanese site (the site I linked to in my first post).

-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, so April 4th for judgemen day
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Yeah! More Sakura Taisen. Very Happy I hope that they keep "Kiss Me Sweet" as the ED song.

I wish the games wouid come over. Crying or Very sad
Crystal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:30 pm Reply with quote
But Michie Tomizawa is retired! Who will play Sumire?!

Keep in mind I have never seen the series, except for a tiny bit in French, but I am still aware of this. Razz Confused
icepick314

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Sumire's retired...

watch Sakura Taisen: Sumire from Funimation...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Keep in mind, this takes place in New York, so, more than likely, Sakura, Maria and the others will not appear in this series, unless it's some sort of quickie flashback sort of thing to Japan or in the last episodes, suddenly appearing to save the day.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quote
The cast appears to be from Sakura Wars V, which is the US (New York) branch of the fighting unit. Since it is an OVA, I expect it to be like the Paris series in that it doesn't feature any of the original girls. I look forward to it SOLELY because I love the character design for Gemini Sunrise and look forward to seeing her personality and character. Go Cowgirl!
Asrialys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:10 am Reply with quote
I don't know the games so I don't know much. But I would have though that Lachette would have returned to rebuild the Star Division after the movie. Unless this is all alternate universe.
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:57 am Reply with quote
The actual OAVs will take place after Sakura Taisen V. And no, none of the original cast will show up. In the game, there's a quick glimpse of Sakura and Oogami but just to give some sort of link. The main character, Shinjiro Taiga, is in fact Oogami's cousin. Also it seems it'll feature a basic plot.
As for Ratchet Altair ("Lachette" is how it has been translated in English?) she does appear in Sakura Taisen V, but her role is somewhat marginal, similar to Ayame I'd say. Browsing the cast credits I didn't see her name or her seyuu so, unless I'm mistaken, I don't think she'll appear in the OAVs.

EDIT: Gonzo will just do CG, Animation is AIC.

Last edited by ximpalullaorg on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
soopykun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:05 am Reply with quote
part of me knew it was just a matter of time before this project would see the light of day... i'm looking forward to it...i love sakura wars v just as much as the rest of the series....the best thing about sakura wars has always been that you could get immersed in the series from watching the anime adaptations as you could from playing the games

what i'm wondering though is if the ova is going to lead into an announcement from sega about a sakura wars vi..... the next-gen of gaming is already in place and i'm sure there are people who would love to see sakura in HD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1