• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - January 20th - January 26th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I have some good news, and some bad, and sad news....
The good news is that:
Once again brian, you did give me a big laugh on the schedule...
*Did CW skiped an episode.... (... ... I'll have to double check..... )*
The bad & sad news is that JETIX has removed their sunday anime block for cruddy shows (and more time for power rangers/woo-foo induced crud, man that suxd...), that means no more MCK ! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
I'm going to e-mail disney.... Evil or Very Mad
and then, spread the sad newz to everyone else.... Sad

--FZ
P.S. I've got nothing to watch on sundays now!!! Crying or Very sad (I WANT MY M.C.K. BACK!!! Crying or Very sad )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I was excited about The Prince of Tennis being on TV, but if it's going to be like this, I'd just assume it not be on TV at all. Considering episode 8 is one of the best in the first 20 or so episodes, I don't quite get why they needed to skip it. Any idea how long this and MÄR are going to be shuffled around and then (likely) dropped?
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quote
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:
I was excited about The Prince of Tennis being on TV, but if it's going to be like this, I'd just assume it not be on TV at all. Considering episode 8 is one of the best in the first 20 or so episodes, I don't quite get why they needed to skip it. Any idea how long this and MÄR are going to be shuffled around and then (likely) dropped?

The skipping continues into the next month. One reason they might be doing this is to catch up with the Toonami Jetstream airings.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Brian wrote:
If I might be so bold to suggest that those of you who are watching anime might also enjoy other forms of animation

Bold indeed...

So then...uh...I've got nothing to say this week. ... I'm looking forward to Cartoon Network tonight...Good job on the article...
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Heh, the Digimon Movie. Or should I say movies.... It doesn't exactly suck, but man they really stretched some plot devices mixing the three movies together. The first and second were relatively uncut, but the third.....*shudder* They cut out about 20 minutes of footage from the third one, leaving the final act of the american movie not making much sense at all. Thankfully I've seen the Japanese ones.

The animation in the movies was great though. I always thought so.
Angel_Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

The skipping continues into the next month. One reason they might be doing this is to catch up with the Toonami Jetstream airings.

But what about those of us who aren't watching it on Toonami Jatstream and are intrested in the series?
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Angel_Trainee wrote:
But what about those of us who aren't watching it on Toonami Jatstream and are intrested in the series?

Hope they have a nice deep archive for those of us that haven't been (or at least not since they launched.)
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote
ARE YOU FORGETTING MY SADNESS AND SORROW!
sorry, i get too worried of MCK alot....

--FZ
P.S. Wait... A 3rd Digimon Movie?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Nebs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote
The American theatrical film "Digimon: the Movie" actually consists of the first 3 Japanese movies spliced together. Digimon movies 4-7 were dubbed back in late 2005, to the joyful surprise of many. Those 4 movies are being reshown this Monday night on Jetix.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:52 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Angel_Trainee wrote:

Hope they have a nice deep archive for those of us that haven't been (or at least not since they launched.)

Sorry, the archive only goes back 4 episodes. But they'll probably air the series in the right order when they do reruns.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:20 am Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
The American theatrical film "Digimon: the Movie" actually consists of the first 3 Japanese movies spliced together. Digimon movies 4-7 were dubbed back in late 2005, to the joyful surprise of many. Those 4 movies are being reshown this Monday night on Jetix.

gee, thanks for the rundown....
still does not patch the gaping hole from 2002 that was patched in september 2006, then removed again this week.... darn, i missed MCK so much! Crying or Very sad
what am i supposed to watch this week untill JETIX finally realises that removing the anime block was wrong.... Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Family Guy, Furturama?!? Something that the creator of MCK did other than that show....
Quick question: who is the creator of MCK, and what other shows/OVAs/magna he/she created?
And please, no encyclopedia links, okay, i can check wikipedia....

-The FZ
Yoshball

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
The Animation Show is awesome! I found volume one randomly at a store and I noticed it had Don Hertzfeldt's little puff character from "Rejected" on it (which was nominated for an Oscar, btw) and became intrigued.

Not only did it have a new Hertzfeldt cartoon, it had a few short animations that were nominated for Oscars (I never knew where you actually got to see those shorts), along with really amusing, heart-felt, or experimental animation pieces. One of the pieces, Mt. Head, was an animation from Japan that updated an old Japanese folktale.

Volumes 1 and 2 are being released in a box set starting in Febraury and the volume 3 is going to be shown in my hometown Portland shortly, so I am quite excited.

I have found that I enjoy all types of animation, and anime is just a part of it. I suggest people check out http://www.animationshow.com/ and http://bitterfilms.com/ (Hertzfeldt's site) to get some awesome non-anime animation.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quote
Yoshball wrote:
The Animation Show is awesome! I found volume one randomly at a store and I noticed it had Don Hertzfeldt's little puff character from "Rejected" on it (which was nominated for an Oscar, btw) and became intrigued.

Not only did it have a new Hertzfeldt cartoon, it had a few short animations that were nominated for Oscars (I never knew where you actually got to see those shorts), along with really amusing, heart-felt, or experimental animation pieces. One of the pieces, Mt. Head, was an animation from Japan that updated an old Japanese folktale.

Volumes 1 and 2 are being released in a box set starting in Febraury and the volume 3 is going to be shown in my hometown Portland shortly, so I am quite excited.

I have found that I enjoy all types of animation, and anime is just a part of it. I suggest people check out http://www.animationshow.com/ and http://bitterfilms.com/ (Hertzfeldt's site) to get some awesome non-anime animation.

Hertzfeldt's new film, "Everything Will Be Ok," is touring with the current Animation Show, and it is easily his best film to date.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
helosmore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Interestingly, Encore plays Steamboy with a Spanish dub and English subs.
gary leeman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:

Thanks for the tip. I was not aware of this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2