• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tsubasa English Cast Announced

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Vic is going to be Fay? Ooh, I think that should be good. I'm looking forward to it. But then I really like Vic's voice.

And Colleen as Yuko. Well, she was the voice of the Merciful Goddess in several episodes of Saiyuki and the Merciful Goddess has several characteristics in common with Yuko, so that should be good. Besides, it's probably a bit hard to direct yourself all that often... Question

Chris Sabat should be good as Kurogane.

I'm not sure about Jason Liebrecht's voice...I only have him as the VA for Alphonse Heiderich in the FMA Movie.

Monica should be good as the VA for Sakura...I was afraid that they'd pick Hilary Haag. Don't get me wrong, I like Hilary...just not as Sakura.

**fan-girl squeal!** I can't WAIT for this to become available!
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I had heard Vic was rejected a Fai, guess not. Very Happy
I dunno how the constipated characters like Vegeta and Piccolo will transition for Chris' voice for Kurogane who is more of... a gruffy badass? Smile
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:39 pm Reply with quote
ryusaki wrote:
I dunno how the constipated characters like Vegeta and Piccolo will transition for Chris' voice for Kurogane who is more of... a gruffy badass? Smile

You haven't seen Speed Grapher, right?
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Monica should be good as the VA for Sakura...I was afraid that they'd pick Hilary Haag. Don't get me wrong, I like Hilary...just not as Sakura.

Anything would be better than Carly McKillip again. I am sure she's nice but I couldn't stand her as Sakura. This means there have been 3 English-language VAs for Sakura, so we're one ahead of Japan! (Actually this will probably be true of most characters won't it?).
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
ryusaki wrote:

You haven't seen Speed Grapher, right?

Confused
No
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Woot! sounds like an awesome cast to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quote
ryusaki wrote:

I've heard rumors that Chris Patton got the role at first, but...something about him not working for Funimation anymore? So Vic was given the role once Chris left.

But I DO NOT know this for sure, and I'm pretty vague on the details, so take that with a grain of salt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quote
ryusaki wrote:

Chris Sabat also played Alex Louis Armstrong in FMA. Now, naturally, Kurogane is not as over the top as Alex was and certainly much quieter but I think it's a good match.
PaladinBlue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

I'm pretty sure Hilary doesn't work for FUNi very often, if at all.

I was hoping Luci Christian would get Sakura, but Monica's a good choice, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nebs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Darn, & here I was hoping that Carly McKillip & Rhys Huber would reprise their roles of SaKURa & Li. Razz

I'm half serious, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quote
As in Vic as Fai again, according to the most unrealiable source in the world, wikipedia, supposedly he tried out for Watanuki as well. I could honestly see him as both characters and it working well, using his Ed type voice for Watanuki ( The scenes where he he flips out and just acts stupid) as in Fai I think he'll have to lighten his voice since really Fai is some what soft spoken..
Kiyoko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I was at the Tsubasa panel at NYC-Comic Con, and this looks like it will be another excellent dub put out by Funi. Vic did a wonderful job as Fai, and he's doing a voice closer to Dark from DNAngel then Edward from FMA. We were supposed to see 4 episodes, but the DVD crashed and we only ended up seeing 1 entire episode, and about 5 minutes of the next one. Fans will be happy to know that Colleen has not used any of the 4Kids Cardcaptors dubs for any references. [/list]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Kiyoko wrote:
I was at the Tsubasa panel at NYC-Comic Con, and this looks like it will be another excellent dub put out by Funi. Vic did a wonderful job as Fai, and he's doing a voice closer to Dark from DNAngel then Edward from FMA. We were supposed to see 4 episodes, but the DVD crashed and we only ended up seeing 1 entire episode, and about 5 minutes of the next one. Fans will be happy to know that Colleen has not used any of the 4Kids Cardcaptors dubs for any references. [/list]

Lucky you!

BTW - It was Nelvana that did the crappy job of dubbing Cardcaptors. 4Kids is innoncent...for once.
Animegeek86

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Let's just hope that even though the cast is great, we are not sure if they can project the voices right to the characters they a designated with.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aki Ameko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:47 pm Reply with quote
OMG You cannot believe how squeed I was when I found out!!!! (Which was yesterday, before ANN announced it--I've been watching the Tsubasa page like a hawk)

I was almost afraid they would choose a girl for Fai, but no, they actually chose THE IDEAL bishie voice. o.o Was beyond words for a while. Can't...wait...to...here...it! DAH!!! *exploding fangirl brain, yadda ya*

And Vic possibly as Watanuki? I can definately see that too. For some reason, picturing Watanuki going "I'm not a pipsqueak midget!" comes very easy to me...

Monica Rial as Sakura is another AWESOME. She can be spazzy, but a lot of her characters are more soft-spoken like Sakura. I'm thinking of Fiore in Chrono Crusade. I'm just glad they didn't choose someone like her CCS counterpart. :3

Jason Liebrecht as Syaoran? Just more motivation to get around to borrowing the FMA movie from my friend. I just wish I'd done it already... If I watch the movie now I'm gonna be too disctracted by imagining his character's voice as Syaoran. XP

Chris Sabat as Kurogane... As funny as it is to have Kurogane be the same guy who did Vegeta, I've heard him in plenty of other roles and know this guy has a lot of range and can sound gruff and more mature. I approve.

Carrie Savage as Mokona??! OMG, let's just say her personality matches the character well. I haven't heard a whole lot of her actual work, but I met her at AnimeIowa and heard her do a few voices there. She's such a nice lady, I'm so glad she got this role! *huggles the Mokona*

Colleen as Yuuko is yet another AWESOME. I've known her as Kirara in Samurai 7 and Riza Hawkeye in FMA, and I can defineately see it working. :3 And woot for director!

Just the words from a happy fangirl who HIGHLY approves of the cast. :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3