• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AquaPazza Introduces Team Utawarerumono in Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I really wonder how they came up with those name translations for Uta characters...I wish it was the same as the official anime names, because it's inconsistant and feel... over translated I guess? Not a fan since it also looks like a pain to pronounce... Even Sentai for their Trails anime used basically the same name as the games.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
I really wonder how they came up with those name translations for Uta characters...I wish it was the same as the official anime names, because it's inconsistant and feel... over translated I guess? Not a fan since it also looks like a pain to pronounce... Even Sentai for their Trails anime used basically the same name as the games.
Those are actually NOT "translations" by Atlus. That's how their names were spelled in the Japanese version, by the original company. Can confirm this by watching old videos from Japan, but yes...they are terrible.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm shocked that this is getting a physical release, not that I'm complaining.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I can not help feel that high school girls from a romcom are a bit outmatched against an group of seasoned hybrid beast soldiers from a tactically oriented action show. Laughing

Looks like a fun game nonetheless though. I loved Utawarerumono. Cool
gerbilx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Lullaby to the dying? That's an interesting way to phrase it. Anywho, really happy to see these characters again. Adored the original game to death. Anime dazed
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote
No Kamyu? That's disappointing, though I saw Urutorii as a side character. I imagine she has to be in the game at some point. And speaking of name changes, how the heck did ADV get 'Camus' from Kamyu?

Looks like a fun game though. Seeing the Comic Party and To Heart characters getting beat up by the Utaware and Tiara characters and vice versa seems amusing.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Sheleigha wrote:
Those are actually NOT "translations" by Atlus. That's how their names were spelled in the Japanese version, by the original company. Can confirm this by watching old videos from Japan, but yes...they are terrible.

Seriously?? So every other translation since have been the wrong ones, and just more of a romanization of the names? Ew, so bad Sad
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
And speaking of name changes, how the heck did ADV get 'Camus' from Kamyu?

"Kamyu" is the Japanese pronunciation of the French name "Camus" (as in the Nobel Prize-winning author Albert Camus). That doesn't necessarily mean that "Camus" should have been used for Utawarerumono's translations, but it has been used in other contexts.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
And speaking of name changes, how the heck did ADV get 'Camus' from Kamyu?

"Kamyu" is the Japanese pronunciation of the French name "Camus" (as in the Nobel Prize-winning author Albert Camus). That doesn't necessarily mean that "Camus" should have been used for Utawarerumono's name transliterations, but it has been used in other contexts.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
AquaPazza Introduces Team Utawarerumono in Trailer

For a brief moment, I misread this news headline as Aqua Teen Hunger Force rumono and wondered why this Adult Swim show was getting an anime fighter? Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1