• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toei Makes Disc Wars: Avengers Anime for Marvel

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:08 am Reply with quote
We're never getting the new Sailor Moon anime are we Laughing
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quote
This kinda feels like Fate kaleid liner Prisma Ilya's Class Cards.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:42 am Reply with quote
another marvel anime this time around free heroes inside the discs?

yet we get to see anime version of spider-man, thor, hulk, captain america, & wasp on it.

wonder what next agent phil coulson the anime?
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:42 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
We're never getting the new Sailor Moon anime are we Laughing

Maybe if the Hulk dressed as Sailor Jupiter.

I wonder...where would Thor fit?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote
And Ant-man gets shafted again, only for Spider-man this time which is a step up over Hawkeye. Still, it's "Not Quite the Avengers" again. Well, it's "The Mighty Pokemen" anyway so it's not like it matters.

And if any franchise doesn't need more merchandising, wouldn't it be the one that has video games based off TV series based of a movie based off movies based off comics based off toys based off video games based off TV series based off a comic based off comics?

And that's not even counting side projects.
deathfromabove1993

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
And Ant-man gets shafted again, only for Spider-man this time which is a step up over Hawkeye.

I agree, but I like Hawkeye, so I'm still a little disappointed. Here's hoping those two will be a guest characters. Other than that I'm really intrigued at this idea and delighted that there is going to be an Avengers anime. So I'm looking forward to this. Here's hoping Disney brings this over here and doesn't end up like the Stitch anime.

Edit: Actually I still wish that they would make an Avengers anime that was more like the AA cartoon.
mike2112

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote
Hello, and sorry if i sound too negative.

I don,t like this at all. When i was thinking in the posibility of Marvel trying to do an anime again i was hoping to be something very different. As much as we all agree than the execution of the madhouse series were lacking (althoug i actually prefer the X-men and the Iron man ova over any marvel,s animated series since Loeb took in charge)I still think that the idea was very brave. It had something that they lack, autoconclusive serious stories with a heavy atmosphere and detailed drawing. Even if the anime series still had the forced japanese setting problem, in Technovore that disapeared, and the only thing that make you see that it was obvious that it was an anime were some mechanical desings an the villain.

If they aren,t going to use madhouse anymore, well , i don,t care too much . (more satff they can use in other thing), but i feel that if they are gone that far, even if some other anime studio is done it(I was hoping to see Gonzo, Bones or Gainax), i really want to see more ovas and series with the mentality that they put.

I could understand that going too direct with old characters in the japanese market without an introduction is not a good idea, and you have to adapt things to make the japanese people feel involved, but ¡come on¡ it,s sure that there are more interesting ideas to do it. For example, reduce the age of the characters(For example: and actual adaptation of the ultimate spiderman comic using the own comic as storyboard ), or a series about a young team of more actual characters form the comics being trained to be heroes by the classics guys. (Avengers Academy, Spidergirl, Young Avengers,Power Pack, the X-23 generation of x-kids.).

What bothers me the most it,s that Toei isn,t even necesary here, Marvel could have done this by themselves. Their series are focused in selling toys and their range of audience it,s for children. This seems the same only that theese children are japanese.
I,m not saying "its for kid,s it,s bad" i m saying that if you use a japanese team who has more freedom and experience in animation take it.

If marvel can win a lot of money with these they won,t try something more riskier in animation. And for do it worse i don,t see the problem only in that. What are the avengers here? some kind of digimons who are summoned?. As much as I saw Avergers Assemble worse than Earth Mightiest Heroes, at least in that series they are adults and the focus of the story.
veu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
This series is very interesting. I think it could be a great anime! Marvel heroes are very popular and I'm happy that there is an Avengers anime.
The idea of discs is good. Boys loved this genre of anime, for example Pokemon, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh are all success.
I hope there will be also Hawkeye, Black Widow and Scarlet Witch in the future.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Gotta catch 'em all! (Or was it Monster Rancher.) Laughing
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
That was was Monster Rancher where they unlocked monsters through disks.

Ugh...please be good...but I know it's not going to be...the fact it's planned to be aimed at a younger audience along with the concept doesn't help either...
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Looks silly and fun. I'll probably give it a watch. The comic book fans will probably bitch about it though...

If something like Ultimate Spider-Man can get made and do reasonably well, then I don't see any reason why this can't be a success.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:27 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
That was was Monster Rancher where they unlocked monsters through disks.

Ugh...please be good...but I know it's not going to be...the fact it's planned to be aimed at a younger audience along with the concept doesn't help either...

Eh, can't be much worse than the current animation lineup. Super Hero Squad was surprisingly good being based off a toy line and intended for younger audiences.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
wonder what next agent phil coulson the anime?

I could see them do this. Very Happy
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote
yet one thing to ever wonder IF get a dub sure got wonder who going to cast for dub version voice?

IF happen seem like same voice line-up for thor, capt america, & hulk for likely reason.

yet 3rd time we see iron man on anime give wonder go with nathan petrelli voice or mercer version?

give hmm wonder if cast for spider man & wasp on it?
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
what? lol wonder how this is going to turn out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2