• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Gundam UC Blu-ray Briefly Listed on June 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Amazon reported a runtime of 180 minutes for the entire volume, including the anime itself and the bonus extras.

If it had been 180 minutes just for the anime, that would have been extremely cool, but I imagine also very tiring to watch 3 straight hours. Still, I'd imagine the last volume to be longer than the other episodes, so 90 minutes is a good episode and a half to finish everything up in.
partially

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind them putting all the extras on the last disc, hint hint. Their method of stuffing everything onto a horrible BD-Live service so far has left a lot to be desired.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice if I could afford this. I'll bet they'll make it even more expensive than the rest of the episodes, which are already expensive.

It's superb work, but a kick to the wallet. I'll get this eventually, just not anytime soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quote
Vol.7 is officially solicited now. Run time for main feature is 90 minutes. Like prior volumes BD has EngSub and EngDub while DVD has only EngSub.

Amazon Japan listings (links below lead to Bandai Visual listings)
- BD LE: 10290yen
- BD Reg: 8190yen
- DVD: 7140yen
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:50 am Reply with quote
Reserved! LE to go along with my sixth LE Very Happy
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote
June 6, D-Day
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:25 am Reply with quote
I now have to wonder how much a Bluray box set of the entire series would go for.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:51 am Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
I now have to wonder how much a Bluray box set of the entire series would go for.

Maybe like $200 or so on an Amazon bundle deal? Who knows though honestly. If it does emerge as a complete box it will most likely be on dot-anime. They were releasing deluxe versions of the earlier volumes with boxes.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:43 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It would be nice if I could afford this. I'll bet they'll make it even more expensive than the rest of the episodes, which are already expensive.

It's superb work, but a kick to the wallet. I'll get this eventually, just not anytime soon.

Have you ever considered the DVD versions? Or is Blu-Ray quality a must for you?

Anyway, its nice that we finally have a release date, cant wait to see how it all ends.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:15 am Reply with quote
Zetabag wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Have you ever considered the DVD versions? Or is Blu-Ray quality a must for you?

Well, if a movie is available on Blu-ray and one owns a Blu-ray player, one would likely want the Blu-ray version.

Also I don't think the DVD version has dubs on it.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:52 am Reply with quote
Zetabag wrote:

Well, I have the first four on Blu-Ray, I'd like to stay consistent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zetabag

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
Zetabag wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Well, if a movie is available on Blu-ray and one owns a Blu-ray player, one would likely want the Blu-ray version.

Also I don't think the DVD version has dubs on it.

Actually, the dubs do exist on the DVD versions (I have vol. 1 and 2) and each vol has two episodes so that's two episodes for $30.

And thanks to rightstuf.com, vol.3 (ep. 5 & 6) was released on DVD despite Bandai Entertainment going defunct.

Just saying that the DVDs a nice alternative if you don't want to pay $60.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quote
They may have been referencing the Japanese editions. Blu-ray contains an English dub while the DVD doesn't.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
They may have been referencing the Japanese editions. Blu-ray contains an English dub while the DVD doesn't.

Yeah, and unfortunately a localised (as in produced in the USA) blu-ray of Gundam Unicorn was never done as was the case for the dvd versions. So you end up paying 2-3 times more than what a localised version would cost.

Italy has localised blu-ray/dvd versions of Gundam Unicorn (the blu-ray/dvd have only japanese and italian dubs). Editions that are 100% equal to the Japanese first press editions, each volume includes a 20 page booklet with info about the series, interviews with the authors, animators etc.., a postcard and a carboard sleeve. Prices go from 30 to 40 $.
The US simply got shafted for the blu-ray versions. But then that's Bandai's modus operandi relative to the english speaking world.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1