• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Garden of Words & 5 cm/s' Shinkai Makes New Anime Ad

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David.Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote
Damn, makes me wish there were more commercials like this in the US. Instead we get those toilet paper bears. I hate those commercials.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quote
David.Seth wrote:
Damn, makes me wish there were more commercials like this in the US. Instead we get those toilet paper bears. I hate those commercials.

So... you want Shinkai to make commercials for toilet paper?

Seriously the toilet paper commercials in Japan are even worse than the us ones. Well, maybe not worse? Just annoying and weird like the majority of Japanese commercials.
David.Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:22 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
So... you want Shinkai to make commercials for toilet paper?

If the commercial looked half as good as his others, bring on the beautiful tp! Hell, he can make Head-On commercials for all I care. I do realize that these commercials are not the norm, and that Japan has more than plenty odd/annoying commercials, its just that it seems that anytime there is an animated commercial (here in the US), its either for toilet paper, antidepressants, or cereal. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but I don't think I've ever seen an animated ad that actually had stunning animation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Gotta love corporations helping with image with positive commercials. Banks and BP have been doing it lately, but I do wish they'd use some awesome animation as well.
shodex

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I watched the video before reading the article and was all excited for a new anime from Shinkai.
Texas84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Even his damn commercials make me cry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1