• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Santa Company Anime Film Kickstarter Campaign Launches

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I can't help but find the synopsis of this rather uninspiring. At only 30 minutes, what's it going to do with the idea but the expected? Was this worth 12 years?
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quote
So, another take on Santa. Looks pretty interesting based on the Kickstarter page. I'll back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Also, why Finnish subtitles, I wonder?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I'd like this project to succeed in hopes that crowd-sourcing could be used to help bring forward The Dream Machine. I liked the bit of the story-boarding that I saw in the video as well so I decided to back it.

Also, maybe I'm just out of it, but do we honestly have that many depictions of Santa in anime? I just know the fanservice filled Itsudatte My Santa as well as the Ai Yori Aoshi Xmas Special. How much else is there I wonder?
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Probably because Finnish anime fans have a surprisingly large internet presence.

I'm actually rather tempted to participate. It sounds really cute, and I find the idea of Santa having a bishounen assistant amusing!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo: They have occasional Santa cameos in anime, but that's about it.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Seems cute and innocent enough. Not sure If I really wanna back it though. I'll give it some time and see where it is a week or two from now

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
Also, why Finnish subtitles, I wonder?

I suspect it's because in Japan the tradition is that Santa lives in Finland not the north pole like in America.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
i wish people stop helping people that want to make money, but unwilling to take risk. No Risk, no reward that what i learn from college, i guess it was wrong after all.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Of course the kid's name is Noel.

It's good to see that Pedro's still working for Santa Claus after his 1959 stint. (google it)
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Goddamn Noel's so cute I might die from the moe. Grade A Loli-moe there.

I hope this gets funded, it sounds charming.

Quote:

I can't help but find the synopsis of this rather uninspiring. At only 30 minutes, what's it going to do with the idea but the expected? Was this worth 12 years?

Little Witch Academia can be summed up as "Girl wants to become a witch, goes to witch school, crazy stuff happens during an outing to a dungeon" but it was still really nice to watch.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Goddamn Noel's so cute I might die from the moe. Grade A Loli-moe there.

I hope this gets funded, it sounds charming.

Quote:

Little Witch Academia can be summed up as "Girl wants to become a witch, goes to witch school, crazy stuff happens during an outing to a dungeon" but it was still really nice to watch.

Plus it's getting an extended sequel due to Kickstarter! Really hope this one is as high quality as LWA. I wonder how far this one will go in the end.
Comsr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:47 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
Probably because Finnish anime fans have a surprisingly large internet presence.
They're closer than they appear. Not that Finnish subs are needed, but it's a nice bonus feature.

This was being funded on Anipipo, but it failed there. Will moving to Kickstarter really make a difference?
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:40 am Reply with quote
This is very curious. I've never been that compelled to back previous crowdfunding anime projects (I do hope to fix that down the line with Time of Eve: The Movie). However, I want to see what this team can do. Good thing I have until New Year's to let my finances recover enough before I commit to this project...
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:58 pm Reply with quote
ComSR wrote:
VORTIA wrote:
They're closer than they appear. Not that Finnish subs are needed, but it's a nice bonus feature.

This was being funded on Anipipo, but it failed there. Will moving to Kickstarter really make a difference?

Yes it most likely will due to it actually being unique on kickstarter, and also since in 3 days it has 25% of it's funding goal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2