• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miyu Irino, Hiroshi Kamiya, Ai Kayano, Rina Hidaka Lead Captain Earth Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:10 am Reply with quote
Can't wait. Really looking forward to this.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54 am Reply with quote
APPRIVOI.....Oh wait, wrong anime.
Toester_Strudel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:58 am Reply with quote
Animation by BONES? Another reason for me to watch this anime.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:15 am Reply with quote
*falls down on knees*

Please don't be produced by Aniplex.... Please don't be produced by Aniplex.... Please don't be produced by Aniplex.... Sad
Pangea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:29 am Reply with quote
shounen mecha, gg life
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
*falls down on knees*

Please don't be produced by Aniplex.... Please don't be produced by Aniplex.... Please don't be produced by Aniplex.... Sad

Why not? Aniplex has been involved in a lot of popular titles Confused .

Not too sure what to think of this, as shounen & mecha really aren't my preferred demographic/genres... But since it's animated by BONES i'll definitely be checking out the first episode.
Vash1306

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:08 am Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
*falls down on knees*

Not too sure what to think of this, as shounen & mecha really aren't my preferred demographic/genres... But since it's animated by BONES i'll definitely be checking out the first episode.
I hope Aniplex has nothing to do with this either. If this ends up being good, I want it to be licensed by Funimation, Viz, or Sentai Filmworks. If Aniplex had any part in this, it means they would release in the USA for high prices :S
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
Vash1306 wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
*falls down on knees*

I hope Aniplex has nothing to do with this either. If this ends up being good, I want it to be licensed by Funimation, Viz, or Sentai Filmworks. If Aniplex had any part in this, it means they would release in the USA for high prices :S

And eventually a dub, I'm still disappointed Star Driver didn't get one since Bandai got it so close to when they were closing.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:30 am Reply with quote
Vash1306 wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
*falls down on knees*

Well, you're paying a higher price, but you're also getting higher quality, which isn't some you should forget Wink . If it turns out to be a good show, I hope Aniplex, NISA or Viz gets it, possibly Funimation, since they're also venturing into the better type of releases IMO.
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:44 am Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Vash1306 wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
*falls down on knees*

Well, you're paying a higher price, but you're also getting higher quality, which isn't some you should forget Wink . If it turns out to be a good show, I hope Aniplex, NISA or Viz gets it, possibly Funimation, since they're also venturing into the better type of releases IMO.

Well it's not an Aniplex title apparently so no need to worry. I believe it's an Avex title
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
When I first saw the picture I thought "Damn Renton's grown!" Laughing I must say I'm excited for another BONES mecha show.

Last edited by TsunaReborn! on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
I'll think I give this show a try. Besides the character, Hana Mutō, looks so attractive. ^///^ Oh by the way, just to share this when I first saw the title it reminded me of Captain Planet. I had an idea in mind it had something to do with protecting the environment. Of course I read what the anime was about, and while the show is about the protagonist protecting the earth, it's not the story I had in mind.

Divineking wrote:

Well it's not an Aniplex title apparently so no need to worry. I believe it's an Avex title

So what does count as a Aniplex title? Are you implying that anime distribution companies go after certain shows? Personally I could care less who gets it, and the only company I have in mind that I don't want this show to get license to no longer exits. Plus the chances of them licensing this show so slim. Hm... now that I think about it that particular company I would say went after certain anime, but besides them other companies, to my eyes, go after whatever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
EricJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
When I first saw the picture I thought "Damn Renton's grown!" Laughing

And Misty's changed her hairstyle as well!

Aquasakura wrote:
Oh by the way, just to share this when I first saw the title it reminded me of Captain Planet.

Yeah, you beat me to the "By your powers combined..." joke by one post
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:20 am Reply with quote
EricJ wrote:
TsunaReborn! wrote:
When I first saw the picture I thought "Damn Renton's grown!" Laughing

And Misty's changed her hairstyle as well!

Aquasakura wrote:
Oh by the way, just to share this when I first saw the title it reminded me of Captain Planet.

Yeah, you beat me to the "By your powers combined..." joke by one post

Heh Heh! Laughing

Well I'm happy to hear that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Only thing I don't care is the name of it. Too many Captain Planet flashbacks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2