• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note Has 10th Anniversary Project in the Works

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:30 am Reply with quote
I wonder what it'll be? I'm a fan of the original manga!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:23 am Reply with quote
The further adventures of Near?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:34 am Reply with quote
I hope it's something new by Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba, not another adaptation in another media.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:54 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

I was thinking this too. Either way I'm excited!
sameen.elahi1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:18 am Reply with quote
What I really want is more insight into L's character but I highly doubt that'll happen /: Either way anything would be better than the live action films right? Can't wait!!
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:22 am Reply with quote
I suppose I'm going to be the partypooper then, because I think DN had a perfectly round cycle and I'd be worried if they pulled out a new story or something like that. I don't doubt that Ohba can come up with something new and interesting within the same universe (maybe something like the pilot chapter), but if they're just trying to milk an old cash cow I'd rather they just leave it alone
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:05 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Let's hope not as Near was a complete punk who was irrelevant to the story's ultimate ending (since someone has broached the death of L already, nothing really changes in the story after L dies). However, if he were to meet with the agonizing, graphic demise to which he is most certainly "entitled" and, given the ending of the original series, inexorably destined then I might approve.
Quote:
I don't doubt that Ohba can come up with something new and interesting within the same universe (maybe something like the pilot chapter), but if they're just trying to milk an old cash cow I'd rather they just leave it alone

Same here, except that I do doubt what this Ohba can do as Bakuman, especially the anime version, was abhorrent and if not for the irony-a mangaabout guys wanting to make an exceptional manga turning out to be quite ordinary-it would have been unwatchable. Perhaps that irony was destined, since Ohba ultimately flubbed the Death Note manga when he broke from the "moral ambiguity" near its end-essential for its "Supernatural Sherlock Holmes" schtick-by making no bones about Kira being a "villain" in his mind, something he later copped to. Mercifully the anime's director rectified this.

So as much as I want this to be good, I will not get my hopes up.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:37 am Reply with quote
In a dream world it wouldn't be a manga project It would be an OVA that retells the final episode so spoiler[Light wins. God I wanted him to win so much lol]
terran3020

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:25 am Reply with quote
the ending where light leads the new world? lets go
grooven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:47 am Reply with quote
I would love if it would show Light in the Shinigami world and became a demon Smile
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:20 am Reply with quote
Spoiler tags aren't a requirement, but they could be considered a courtesy. So be courteous, or don't say anything. Or, you can ruin the surprise and be labeled a dick.

Some of you might find this hard to believe, but not everyone has time to catch up on everything in the world.
Kreion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:50 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Spoiler tags aren't a requirement, but they could be considered a courtesy. So be courteous, or don't say anything. Or, you can ruin the surprise and be labeled a dick.

Some of you might find this hard to believe, but not everyone has time to catch up on everything in the world.

I agree with you for the most part but really? I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be reading the comments for the 10th anniversary of a series if you haven't seen it it in the first place and care about spoilers.

If you don't have the time to catch up on it then don't read news articles about it.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:38 am Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
I agree with you for the most part but really? I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be reading the comments for the 10th anniversary of a series if you haven't seen it it in the first place and care about spoilers.

If you don't have the time to catch up on it then don't read news articles about it.
I greatly disagree with your statement. Some may still find it interesting to read the news about this for various reasons including sharing with friends who HAVE seen it. Reading other people's theories is part of that.

I also wanted to add that this did not appear in my FEED for some reason. Very strange.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
That's great news!

In the meanwhile I'll stock up some potato chips, so I'll be prepared when the times comes. Wink
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
Wow, can't wait to see what this is. I like to see it reveal ASAP. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2