• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Terra Formars Sci-Fi Manga Gets TV & Video Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:41 am Reply with quote
Really looking forward to this. I was starting to wonder if was ever going to happen at all Very Happy

However, has anyone found a translated (or raw) chapter beyond 63, which came out July2013?
dan9999

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:45 am Reply with quote
Not surprised, anyone could see light years away that it was going to imminently happen, and more sooner than later.
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:52 am Reply with quote
I am not very happy about this news,really it is an awful manga.Hopefully the anime will strongly deviate from the original material.
bastek66

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:47 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
I am not very happy about this news,really it is an awful manga.Hopefully the anime will strongly deviate from the original material.

And go where? They are still on Mars.
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:54 am Reply with quote
I figured we'd probably get a TV series and OVA's but wasn't expecting both to come at the same time. The OVA's should probably cover the Bugs I & II prequels and the TV series'll probably start on Bugs III since that's the main storyline.

Really curious to see how popular it ends up being. It's in a very similar position to where Attack on Titan was before that got an anime adaption so I'm wondering if it'll up being a breakout hit as well. Guess we'll see.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
There was a domain registered not ago I think so this wasn't a surprise to me. I wonder what studio will animate it. And yes, I also do get a little SnK vibe from the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:22 am Reply with quote
I've not read this yet. However, i can picture where its going. Humans will realize their the invaders and the bad guys in this.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping its atleast going to cover Adolf Reinhards' fight.
Mr_42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:

I'm curious, why do you consider it an "awful manga"?

I cannot stress enough: Your opinion is as valid as mine! I just want to know what it is you object to in the series. Question
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Looks like we may have this year's Attack on Titan.
Mr_42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Looks like we may have this year's Attack on Titan.

I don't know.... Akame ga Kiru (or Kill whichever you prefer) might give it a run for its money.

Personally I prefer Akame, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't eagerly waiting for new chapters of Terraformars. I think it's because Terra is driven by the characters and their abilities (a bit like Bleach in a way) whereas Akame has a more solidly developed plot...

Still, only their releases will tell and as fans we can only benefit Very Happy
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Mr_42 wrote:
danilo07 wrote:

I'm curious, why do you consider it an "awful manga"?

I cannot stress enough: Your opinion is as valid as mine! I just want to know what it is you object to in the series. Question
It's complete lack of self awareness was really the biggest issue for me.Seriously,both premise and plot are stupid.Usually I would have no problem with that,but this Yū Sasuga fellow takes his work very seriously.Writer also believes that he is making interesting observations about human-bug interaction though he is not at all(I can expand on this if you want me to).Couple that with those edgy for the sake of edginess scenes,and basic lack of knowledge about evolutionary biology or science in general.
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
What I'm about to say is kinda corny, but have to ask did anyone else see the title and automatically think, "Terra Formars, More than meets the Eye!"
Mr_42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Writer also believes that he is making interesting observations about human-bug interaction

Yeah, I do sort of get what you're saying here, but personally I didn't get a great sense of seriousness from the series. At least, no more than say, Doubt, by Tonogai Yoshiki, is serious about human-human interactions in extreme circumstance. However, if your information is coming from interviews or biographical material then I would have to do another read through with your point in mind.

Quote:
edgy for the sake of edginess scenes

Do you mean the fight scenes, or the political ones or something else like the gory, visceral artwork? I don't really get what you mean by this.

Quote:
basic lack of knowledge about evolutionary biology or science in general.

I'm guessing Gurren Lagann was a nightmare for you then Wink
Seriously though, the main jist of the series is about hyper-evolved cockroaches on mars being fought by genetically enhanced animal-humans.... I personally think we left the realms of basic biology ages ago.

All in all, you make some interesting points that make me want to go through from the start again with a new perspective, but i think it a tad strong to call it awful right?[/quote]
4nBlue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:48 am Reply with quote
Anyone want to bet whether there will ten or twenty pages about, whether the cockroaches are racist stereotypes in the preview guide's comments?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2