• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 20 Anime Compete for Tokyo Anime Awards' Fan Prize

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little disappointed with this list, but given the titles present, Love Live probably does deserve the No.1 slot. It's a great example of how to take an unimaginative premise and score a slam dunk on presentation.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
I'm a little disappointed with this list, but given the titles present, Love Live probably does deserve the No.1 slot. It's a great example of how to take an unimaginative premise and score a slam dunk on presentation.

But it's just a preliminary votes. All can change from now.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
VORTIA wrote:

Sure, but these are the titles that made it through the Prelims. Of the titles there, I see no reason for Love Live not to win.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:05 pm Reply with quote
How in the world Fantasista Doll get into the Tokyo Anime Awards?
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

I enjoyed it, but I was thinking the exact same thing......
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

Considering sales were shit, no clue. But I don't care. The real crime is that the generic, overly silly, and at times insufferably saccharine thing got more votes than Girls und Panzer!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Senyuu!!
ninja88880

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I really question the taste of Japanese...
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:40 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
VORTIA wrote:

Love Live has been #1 for a couple weeks in a row since it opened up... no reason to expect it to lose its spot now.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

the preliminary poll has probably well under 10k votes overall, so for a lackluster series to get troll voted up is not just a possibility but an expectation.
Zatheyll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Happy with Psycho-Pass being so high, but is it even possible for the best selling anime of the 21st century to be on the bottom?
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised Monsuno's even on the list.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

the preliminary poll has probably well under 10k votes overall, so for a lackluster series to get troll voted up is not just a possibility but an expectation.

Or despite not being very popular there might be a small cult following of people in Japan who did like it, who are merely over-represented on this poll. The idea that every odd result is necessarily reduced to "troll voting" seems silly to me.
dan9999

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Zatheyll wrote:
Happy with Psycho-Pass being so high, but is it even possible for the best selling anime of the 21st century to be on the bottom?

Once the stupid hype passes you can see things for their real worth, even more with otaku short-time memory decease, this is nothing new.
Zatheyll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Zatheyll wrote:

Once the stupid hype passes you can see things for their real worth, even more with otaku short-time memory decease, this is nothing new.

That's the worst possible thing you could say about this list.

#1 is pure hype.

Madoka Magica has been extremely popular ever since it aired in 2011 and continues to be more and more popular, like it or not. The 3rd movie was even listed for a nomination for an Oscar, nothing any of these others could even dream about.

You can expect Madoka to be popular for years to come as everything else on this list falls into obscurity.

The 3rd movies BD isn't even out yet and it's already gone well over 100k preorders as of a few weeks ago.

It's impossible to just "forget" the best selling anime franchise of the past 14 years. Getting up there with Evangelion.

Though with this just being a prelim it's easy to forsee Madoka easily getting first when the poll gets popular in it's proper voting stage. 10k people isn't a lot by any means.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3