• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Polarity Position

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Sega Genesis Lufia: It's a real shame it didn't come to Genesis. Say what you want, but the first Lufia was a great game for its time and something I wish I could replay again if I had the means to.

Forbidden Magna: Well I know there's a tavern RPG available on iOS, so an innkeeper RPG wouldn't be that strange or out of place to me now. XD

Persona: I think it's safe to say Persona is going to be one series that will be more deeply implanted in people's minds more for its post-PS2 era rather than the entries from the PS1 era. (Can't believe how much people ignore Revelations, Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment because they don't have Social Links; seriously?)

Is Yukari seriously wearing Char's outfit in that screenshot? But why? XD

Blackmore:

Quote:
Of all the games Blaustein has localized, Shadow Hearts Covenant seems to have influenced Blackmore the most so far.

That takes me back. Covenant was truly the best of the Shadow Hearts series, a fantastic game everyone should play if only to see how truly unique you can be with real world settings and events as well as a great battle system that is still hard to top to this day.

Weapon Shop de Omasse: The Grindcast feature is probably going to be one seriously hilarious highlight if anything.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that opa-ages.com forum you linked is full of jackasses.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Is Yukari seriously wearing Char's outfit in that screenshot? But why? XD

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
Yep it's a terrible Neogaf spin-off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
It kinda sucks that Lufia never was on the Genesis. Beyond Shining Force and Phantasy Star, the RPG lineup on the system was really lackluster and could have used any RPGs it could get.

belvadeer wrote:
Persona: I think it's safe to say Persona is going to be one series that will be more deeply implanted in people's minds more for its post-PS2 era rather than the entries from the PS1 era. (Can't believe how much people ignore Revelations, Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment because they don't have Social Links; seriously?)

Its pretty much like GTA or Fallout, where the series started with the 3rd installment in most peoples eyes.

http://gematsu.com/2014/02/famitsus-wanted-issue-1317

Who would have ever thought back in the PS1 days that a new Persona title would be more hyped than a new FF game.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeah that list also has Samurai Warriors 4 above 15. I don't think I'm going to put much stock in that.

And maybe for western fans the series started with 3, but it's not like 1 and 2 didn't do well in Japan.

Either way, I can't wait till we actually see what P5 is. Hopefully Atlus isn't afraid to really change things up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Genesis was a little underwhelming, but out of the traditional JRPG console makers, the n64 was the worst console in terms of JRPGs.

I think it had Quest 64, Ogre Battle 64, and Aidyn's Chronicles. Come to think of it, I don't even know if Aidyn's Chronicles was a JRPG.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I became a backer of Blackmore today, it does sound like a pretty cool project. Hopefully more people get on board, since the Kickstarter still has a fair ways to go at the moment.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

I wonder if her skin color is like that as a reference to Lalah too.

RyanSaotome wrote:
It kinda sucks that Lufia never was on the Genesis. Beyond Shining Force and Phantasy Star, the RPG lineup on the system was really lackluster and could have used any RPGs it could get.

Well put Ryan. Not to stereotype, but I'm pretty sure all anyone will ultimately remember the Genesis for is the, pun intended, "genesis" of Mario's legendary rival Sonic, which is understandable since it was his big console. Still, Lufia on Genesis should have happened. It would have rocked.

Quote:
Its pretty much like GTA or Fallout, where the series started with the 3rd installment in most peoples eyes.

http://gematsu.com/2014/02/famitsus-wanted-issue-1317

Who would have ever thought back in the PS1 days that a new Persona title would be more hyped than a new FF game.

Not me, that's for sure. I would have never imagined it back then. I never even expected anything to come after Revelations Persona to be honest. I thought it was a one-shot at the time I first rented it.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:44 am Reply with quote
I wasn't completely sure that we'd get the Persona rhythm game, but the fact that we've seen some Hatsune Miku games come out here gave me hope. I'm kind of bummed that we'll be waiting so long for it, but at least Arena 2 will help keep me busy.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:34 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Just-another-face wrote:
Yep it's a terrible Neogaf spin-off.

Yeah even I'll admit to that sadly. However i did get a copy of the lufia rom to see pre beta at 10%. I have to say it looks better than the snes version but as Todd stated all you can do is move around in one room.

Sadly there is no music, no random encounters nothing. Still The romhacking possibilities are now endless even if it's just a 10% build leak, I honestly can not wait to see what the fan community does.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Griffhor14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:28 am Reply with quote
I just bought a copy of Persona 4 Arena from the PSN sale and love it. I also can't wait for Forbidden Magna. Hopefully it won't be lost to us English speakers. How is it that a once a week article like this on an anime centric website is more interesting than the entirety of articles posted in one week on a certain gaming website that begins with a K.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote
The key art for Ikaruga is really great, even though there isn't a lot of it. The artwork of the woman used for the article link on the front page is my favorite, but this one is great as well:
Taiyz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:57 am Reply with quote
Just to nitpick, FFXIII actually made a big deal out of the fact that your selected party appears in the field. There's a bunch of dialogue recorded just for each character to react to the environments or carry on conversations as you're exploring, it was really nifty.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1