• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigger Makes Anime of Inou-Battle in the Usually Daze Comedy Novels

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
Very interested in this! Trigger <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ampharos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
Trigger? Sold. Everything they've done has completely won me over, and I like the concept and character designs of this one (definitely a change of pace from harems, which are fine but not my thing). Here's hoping it's a good one!
clipeuh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:16 am Reply with quote
Ampharos wrote:
(definitely a change of pace from harems, which are fine but not my thing).

It's a romantic comedy about a club with 4 girls and 1 guy. It sure sounds like it's going to end up a harem to me.

I trust Trigger in their choice but a high-school light-novel romantic comedy is about the thing I want to watch the least in anime. I'm hoping it's more than what's in the description (if not, at least it will be somewhat prettier?)
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
Not what I expected from Trigger, but it will without a doubt be gorgeous, so I'll probably check it out!
sirdano1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:35 am Reply with quote
Hope this turns out better than the overrated shitfest that is Kill la Kill.
Ampharos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote
clipeuh wrote:
Ampharos wrote:
(definitely a change of pace from harems, which are fine but not my thing).

It's a romantic comedy about a club with 4 girls and 1 guy. It sure sounds like it's going to end up a harem to me.

I guess what I meant is that it didn't sound like one in the "[generic everyman] is a normal guy (okay, lately he may be the type to have powers) and suddenly all these girls who are attractive and special appear and are obsessed with him" kind of way like the ghosts of harems past, as opposed to stories where there is more going on than just the rom-com hijinks. (The fact that the powers are played up more than the girls, despite the covers of the LNs, is what I'm basing that on.) I guess I'll have to wait and see, though. The fact that Trigger is doing the adapting is largely what gives me hope.
sarusa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
Trigger is amazing - it's one of the only studios I can't tell just from looking at the style. You'd never guess that Inferno Cop, Kill La Kill, Little Witch Academy, and this were all the same studio.
Toester_Strudel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:43 am Reply with quote
A pretty unusual story setting and to top it off with Trigger animations to be in charge of the animation. I look forward to see where this leads to later.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:13 am Reply with quote
I hope they actually animate this one! Razz

(oh, come on! Purposefully or not, Kill La Kill does not win any awards for the actual animation)
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:07 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I hope they actually animate this one! Razz

(oh, come on! Purposefully or not, Kill La Kill does not win any awards for the actual animation)

Well, this and the fact the character designs run from "voiced by Rie Kugimiya" to "well, she's the big breasted shy type" to "oh look, another loli" to "she's a man? he's a girl?", "older sister of the club, oh and boobs" and the "generic guy is generic" usual capper to the idea that it's another Light Novel Adaptation About A School Club.

Thrilled, just thrilled. Honestly, it is the sort of thing I watch, I'm just amused at the reaction of the "straights"; "New anime by Trigger? I love those guys and this is so original."

I've seen Kill la Kill and I've seen "original" and never in a million years would I ever confuse the two.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:21 am Reply with quote
Sounds fun/enjoyable/whatever, but not (crazy enough) for Trigger('s animation)?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:53 am Reply with quote
Sounds as generic and boring as "It's you guys fault my little sister is stuck writing generic Light novels while I get superpowers: The animation". As do the character designs

Sorry, but one hit -even if it's a really great hit like Kill la Kill, one of my favorite shows this season- is not enough to make me go gaga for whatever they do. For the time being, it's a no for me, but I won't deny them the benefit of the doubt because, well, KlK is incredibly cool.
jet_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quote
I'm interested.
The premise sounds like Chu2koi, except the superpowers are real.

Drama CD cast:
Mamoru Miyano
Asami Imai
Hisako Kanemoto
Yumi Hara
Rie Kugimiya
Kana Asumi
Tomokazu Seki
Yuka Ootsubo

This anime is going to be a lot of fun, there's no doubt about that.
I wonder who the sponsors are...

I was expecting a TV anime adaption of Yonhyakunijuu Renpai Girl to be announced during the end of/at the end of Kill la Kill.
While it looks like an even more generic light novel, the premise definitely sounds interesting.
Illusionary_Systems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 am Reply with quote
-Light Novel
-Romantic comedy
-Generic LN designs

Not my thing at all.

I suppose TRIGGER does need the money though.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:57 am Reply with quote
Well, I've liked both Little Witch Academia and Kill La Kill, so let's hope that Trigger's skill at getting works to adapt are as good as their skill at creating them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4