• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Government Does Not Adopt Anime Mirai This Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Well, without that injection of gov't dosh, there's just no way they're going to have the means to produce those super-expensive projects on their own. It was a nice run and produced a few interesting episodes, but arts is always one the easiest targets for cutting.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote
Time for private enterprises to step up.
partially

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:26 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Extremely doubtful. Why would you invest any money to train the animators of your competitor? If it was freelance or graduating students involved maybe you would see private enterprise step up. However, Anime Mirai involves people who are already employed. Or at least getting employed as part of it.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:51 am Reply with quote
Bummer. The Anime Mirai project has turned out some really good stuff. Hope they get back on board soon.
takakura

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:35 am Reply with quote
This news is wrong.
The original news at http://www.janica.jp/11topics.html#20140405 doesn't state that Agency of Culture Affairs is not going to financially support Young Animator Training Project.
It does only state that JAniCA was not selected for the operations of the said project.

This means that either some other organization has provided a better plan for the training project per the following procedure: http://www.bunka.go.jp/geijutsu_bunka/04animator/26animator_ikusei.html, or Agency of Culture Affairs was not satisfied with the results of JAniCA's operations during previous four years.

I hope this could change Anime Mirai for the better, especially in terms of being competitive and answering to market demands. Previously produced projects frankly were anything but interesting.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:54 am Reply with quote
partially wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Extremely doubtful. Why would you invest any money to train the animators of your competitor?

It doesn't have to be from partisan enterprises.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
takakura wrote:
This news is wrong.
The original news at http://www.janica.jp/11topics.html#20140405 doesn't state that Agency of Culture Affairs is not going to financially support Young Animator Training Project.
It does only state that JAniCA was not selected for the operations of the said project.

This means that either some other organization has provided a better plan for the training project per the following procedure: http://www.bunka.go.jp/geijutsu_bunka/04animator/26animator_ikusei.html, or Agency of Culture Affairs was not satisfied with the results of JAniCA's operations during previous four years.

I hope this could change Anime Mirai for the better, especially in terms of being competitive and answering to market demands. Previously produced projects frankly were anything but interesting.

Can anybody verify this??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Seiru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:44 am Reply with quote
That is some sad news to hear.Some of the projects have really caught my interest and it helped many people along the way.I hope they can bring it back next year or somewhere near the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1