• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sega Hard Girls Project with Hatsune Miku's Kei Inspires Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:54 am Reply with quote
Hmm, moe goddesses based off of video game consoles. Hmm? That sounds familiar. I wonder what that sounds like. Almost like a video game of some sort. Ummmmm. Nah, it's not ringing any bells. Idea must be completely original.
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:03 am Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Hmm, moe goddesses based off of video game consoles. Hmm? That sounds familiar. I wonder what that sounds like. Almost like a video game of some sort. Ummmmm. Nah, it's not ringing any bells. Idea must be completely original.

For some reason, your game idea sounds like something Compile Heart would do. I really don't know why, eh.
wohdin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:40 am Reply with quote
So Hyperdimension Neptunia wasn't enough for them, eh?

Goddammit, Sega, why don't you just make a new console already. You obviously are dying to do so.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:41 am Reply with quote
This is getting over-done.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:46 am Reply with quote
Where's Neptune? The art is nice though.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:07 am Reply with quote
Stunning artwork as usual. The lolis are hyper cute in design too. I just hope it's a fun show. Neptunia could have been a bit better.
Nerroth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
Maybe CH will get a bit meta and have a future game say that this is the top-rated show on the Planeptune Broadcasting Service.

Also, does anyone know if the Dreamcast girl has blue and red alternate colours, to refer to the European and North American DC releases?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
Well there cute but wondering if they got nothing better to do then this
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
wohdin wrote:
Goddammit, Sega, why don't you just make a new console already. You obviously are dying to do so.

DVD (and Playstation 1) killed the Dreamcast star. Crying or Very sad

Sega's coming back as "The house that Miku built", but they seem to be the only ones who even remember the Dreamcast, Saturn and MegaCD.
Um, except for me. Embarassed
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
uote="wohdin"]So Hyperdimension Neptunia wasn't enough for them,i?

Goddammit, Sega, why don't you just make a new console already. You obviously are dying to do so.[/quote]

They are. In fact they just sold off their Panchinko division after 11 years. Getting rid of the core purpose of the 2003 merger.
http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/20140331_announcement_e_final.pdf

Alot of interesting things have happened inside SEGA the past year. The WIPO has revoked SegaSammy' s brand IB rights and its properties and assets are about to be transferred to a NEW Holder/successor.

While it sounds like I'm pulling your leg, I'm not when I say that a secret NEW console in the shape of an Ultrabook waiting in the wings. And that SEGA won't unveil or announce it until they've fully dissolved Sega Corporation, Inc and fully formed SEGA Entertainment Corporation, Ltd Worldwide and rebrand SEGA Sammy into a multi market conglomerate.
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:

Sega's coming back as "The house that Miku built", but they seem to be the only ones who even remember the Dreamcast, Saturn and MegaCD.

I...I...I have a MK II Genesis with a MK II Sega CD attached sitting in my closet right now.

< _<

And...I...have Lethal Enforcers and Sonic CD to go with it... <_<
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
wohdin wrote:

DVD (and Playstation 1) killed the Dreamcast star. Crying or Very sad

Um, except for me. Embarassed

SEGA is reorganizing, re-emerging, re-branding and re-grouping itself into a new,unique multi-corporational brand. They returned to financial stability in 2009 and full black in 2012 after dissolving their 3rd party console division. All resources for developing 3rd party games were shifted over in May of 2011.

Don't believe me? Then why are Sonic Boom and Alien Isolation the only 2 planned retail releases this year?

SEGA has also sold off its Panchinko sales division so they can shift resources back into full force 1st party development. More Arcade exclusive IPs. SEGA is an Arcade company. And all of their consoles have always come from Arcades and have ALWAYS been based off of existing Arcade technology and modified Arcade hardware.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
If they have the Mega Drive 2 they should also have the Genesis 2 so we can get another cowgirl =p
If they plan to complete the set, they also missed the Nomad and Multi-Mega.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Do not believe anything GrilledEelHamatsu says. He's been saying this since 2011 and is full of contradictions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1