• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Looking for an article

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Could you guys help me out with something? I've been looking around for an article on this website about China banning a Japanese video game due to what the Chinese government called a "cultural invasion." Is it still around or not because I would have liked to have commented on it myself. So far,I've had no luck. Could you guys please help me out?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Battlefield 4 (a US game, made by EA) was banned in China back in December, but there was no article on ANN that I could find from that time period on the subject.

Besides which, even if there was an article and a thread about it, it's long past the "shelf life" of the thread, and you wouldn't be able to reply anyway.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
Could you guys help me out with something? I've been looking around for an article on this website about China banning a Japanese video game due to what the Chinese government called a "cultural invasion." Is it still around or not because I would have liked to have commented on it myself. So far,I've had no luck. Could you guys please help me out?

I don't recalled any Japanese video game being banned in China, but just like what Dessa said, you seem to describe Battlefield 4 and I don't think ANN ever write an article on Battlefield 4, not that I recall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
^ I checked the news archives for December and November (searching for "china, ban, game" on google led me to a December 13, 2013 article on another site about B4), and there was nothing. It could have been mentioned in X Button or another column, but nothing came up when I searched the site for "Battlefield 4".
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
^ I checked the news archives for December and November (searching for "china, ban, game" on google led me to a December 13, 2013 article on another site about B4), and there was nothing. It could have been mentioned in X Button or another column, but nothing came up when I searched the site for "Battlefield 4".

Same for me, I can't find any article on ANN that Snomaster1 claim. The only thing Battlefield 4 is mention on ANN is this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I hope you guys don't get mad at me but I forgot to mention something. The article I was searching for was recent,on or around May 28. I appreciate the attempt to help me,but I think I should have been more specific in my search pattern.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I hope you guys don't get mad at me but I forgot to mention something. The article I was searching for was recent,on or around May 28. I appreciate the attempt to help me,but I think I should have been more specific in my search pattern.

Could you give anymore description of the article (from what you can recall from your memory)?? It would help a lot, and yes if you have mention more about the article on your first post, it might help me and Dessa find that article.

Is this article reported by ANN, is it a Press release?? Is it a Daily briefs?? Give me anything that can help narrow down the search, Snomaster?? Confused
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry,but I don't know. If I did know more,I'd tell you. Embarassed I hope you guys can forgive me but right now,that's all I've got.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I'm sorry,but I don't know. If I did know more,I'd tell you. Embarassed I hope you guys can forgive me but right now,that's all I've got.

Take your time, it'll come back to ya. Razz
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the encouragement,mdo7. It'll be a while but I think I can manage it.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:39 am Reply with quote
You may be looking for this article: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-08/nintendo-to-offer-new-game-consoles-for-emerging-markets

Quote:
Bloomberg notes that China just lifted a 13-year ban on selling game consoles, and Iwata had said on Tuesday that Nintendo is exploring its options for entering that market. Microsoft will offer the Xbox One there in September (the same month the company is offering its latest console in Japan). PricewaterhouseCoopers projected that China's game market will have US$10 billion in sales next year.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:01 am Reply with quote
Thanks octopodie,but I don't think that's the article I'm looking for. Good effort though.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:52 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
Thanks octopodie,but I don't think that's the article I'm looking for. Good effort though.

Well from your memory, can you give anymore description???
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I've just remembered something. The article I'm looking for had a picture of either a boy or a man holding a hammer or something. I can only guess. I appreciate the help a lot,mdo7.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:57 am Reply with quote
I didn't find anything with that image or the specific topic, unfortunately. Semi-related articles of China banning things:

China Bans "Hana Yori Dango"

China Bans Anime from Prime Time TV

China Extends Bans on Foreign Animation, Horror Fiction

Death Note Stirs Controversy in China

If ANN did write such an article, it appears that the word "China" isn't in the headline. :-\
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2