• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vagabond Manga's Return Delayed Until Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:44 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know where we are now in the novel. Inoue wanted to end the manga in 2011 before the schedule died on us. So how much material is left ? The farming arc seems like the second to last story if you judge in by pacing adn atmosphere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
oblivious247

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:43 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Does anyone know where we are now in the novel. Inoue wanted to end the manga in 2011 before the schedule died on us. So how much material is left ? The farming arc seems like the second to last story if you judge in by pacing adn atmosphere.

I'm not sure about the novel, as I've only just started it, but I have seen the film trilogy adaptation of the novel, and it was indeed the very last thing to happen before his duel with Sasaki Kojiro.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
If this was on regular weekly serialization, it would be at over 70 volumes by now but it isn't, So, with this, the manga-ka has been on various hiatuses.
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:47 am Reply with quote
Why is Weekly Young Jump announcing the complied volume if it's a Kodansha series?
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Tnak you oblivious247. I knew it. I somehow missed the movies but will now watch them in a few days. They seem very good. Vagabond is to my knowledge the bestselling seinen manga. That is something i like very much. The only problem i have with the series that it won agains Berserk in 2002. Miura vs Musashi. Poor man never stood a chance in Japan. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping once it finishes that it will get an anime adaption. Because that would be utterly fantastic! I haven't read the manga, but I certainly plan to!
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I would love for this series to carry on forever but realistically I would regret this over time. It seems like the series has began to more towards the end as spoiler[Matahachi is now narrating and seems to be moving the story towards Musashi and Kojirō's fight. My guess is that this will lead to Musashi's death.... If I remember correctly Matahachi implied or hinted at this though I could be wrong.]
huxley70

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
I would love for this series to carry on forever but realistically I would regret this over time. It seems like the series has began to more towards the end as spoiler[Matahachi is now narrating and seems to be moving the story towards Musashi and Kojirō's fight. My guess is that this will lead to Musashi's death.... If I remember correctly Matahachi implied or hinted at this though I could be wrong.]

Admittedly this is a fictionalized telling of the life of Miyamoto Musashi but spoiler[Musashi was 30 when he killed Sasaki Kojirō in the duel at Ganryujima and lived on for another 30-odd years.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1