• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you? Entries Part 15

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonelymiracle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Is this the last batch of finalists?
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote
According to the sidebar, yep. You can start voting for Parts 1-8 already. Smile

Edit; Wooo, 100 posts on ANN.
CrowBekah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Omg O__O I made it in on the last page and they used my entry as their advert. So honored!!
lonelymiracle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Star Dust wrote:
According to the sidebar, yep. You can start voting for Parts 1-8 already. Smile

Edit; Wooo, 100 posts on ANN.

I see, congratulations to all the finalists, and to you Sailor Star Dust for making 100 posts! I'm just wondering why none of my three entries got in. I made sure it was just under 100 words and while I had text on the pictures, I made an alternate version of one of them with very little text. I hope I don't come across as bitter about it, I'm really just curious what I did wrong. Perhaps I submitted them too late? ^^;

They're here if anybody is interested in looking: http://lonelymiracle.deviantart.com/gallery/50115874/What-does-Sailor-Moon-men-to-you-Entries
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:36 pm Reply with quote
@lonelymiracle
Very beautiful photos! Smile
So terribly sorry that your entry didn't make it.
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
lonelymiracle: Sorry to hear you didn't make it in! Your entry really was sweet. Smile
aspiringcatlady

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:08 am Reply with quote
i'm literally about to cry because i've checked back constantly and lost hope until I saw page 7 and my post on the 2nd row on the very right. I'm so thankful!

Some of these people have vast and huge collections already... Haha well, more can't hurt, I guess!
lonelymiracle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:01 am Reply with quote
Thank you for the compliments, Mr. Oshawott and Sailor Star Dust! While my entries didn't make it, I'm happy to know my fellow Sailor Moon fans appreciated them!

Congratulations on making it to the finalists, aspiringcatlady! It's true that a lot of people already have quite a few of the merchandise (including myself). Personally, I joined the contest hoping to get a chance at winning the Proplica Moon Stick since I can't afford it right now. I just thought it was worth a shot~
JudySparrow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:29 am Reply with quote
Okay, I'm sad and angry right now. I worked on my drawing about a week. I made it 500 × 1000 pixels in 300 dpi, I didn't wrote more than 60 words when I submitted it in time... so then why didn't made it in the finals? I couldn't sleep in the past 3 days because I was waiting/hoping to see it.... Crying or Very sad

Here's my drawing if someone interested... 1 week of hard work for nothing:

http://wereleopard.deviantart.com/art/WhatSailorMoonMeansToMe-462073715
lonelymiracle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:49 am Reply with quote
JudySparrow wrote:
Okay, I'm sad and angry right now. I worked on my drawing about a week. I made it 500 × 1000 pixels in 300 dpi, I didn't wrote more than 60 words when I submitted it in time... so then why didn't made it in the finals? I couldn't sleep in the past 3 days because I was waiting/hoping to see it.... Crying or Very sad

I'm so sorry your entry didn't make it, I think it's wonderful! :O I can see how much time and effort you put in it. I really feel you, because I also spent time on my entries. I brainstormed creative ideas since I was going for the Moon Stick, and spent days working on it. All the photos I used are mine, and followed the rules as much as I can (no bigger than 1000 x 1000 px, less than 100 words).

I decided to just shrug it off and not raise an issue about it, but now at least I'd like to know why our entries didn't make it.
JudySparrow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:05 am Reply with quote
lonelymiracle wrote:
JudySparrow wrote:

I'm so sorry your entry didn't make it, I think it's wonderful! :O I can see how much time and effort you put in it. I really feel you, because I also spent time on my entries. I brainstormed creative ideas since I was going for the Moon Stick, and spent days working on it. All the photos I used are mine, and followed the rules as much as I can (no bigger than 1000 x 1000 px, less than 100 words).

I decided to just shrug it off and not raise an issue about it, but now at least I'd like to know why our entries didn't make it.

Thank you for your solidarity. I was talking to my companion, and I'm not that type of person who starts to crying, but I couldn't hold it back. I never had the chance to participate in a contest, where you can win something else like a slap on the back with a certificate of merit that you were there....

Maybe I'm overreacting, but this means to me so much, when I saw the contest rules for the first time, I've put everything aside, and began to sketch. I didn't had much time, but I've put in everything I got... and it matters nothing? Crying or Very sad

I just want to know what did I made wrong to not in the finals....? Anime cry
supersqueak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:06 am Reply with quote
JudySparrow wrote:

That was such a nice entry.
supersqueak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:11 am Reply with quote
I love that one with the pics of the VHS tapes. That totally reminds me of me when I was a kid. I wasn't taping Sailor Moon when I was little because I probably didn't even know how to use a VCR yet but I remember having all these damn tapes I recorded of Inuyasha and all the hand scrawled labels on the front and popping those little tabs out of the bottom so nobody would record over them. I probably still have some floating around too.
Rainsan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:38 am Reply with quote
JudySparrow wrote:
lonelymiracle wrote:
JudySparrow wrote:

Thank you for your solidarity. I was talking to my companion, and I'm not that type of person who starts to crying, but I couldn't hold it back. I never had the chance to participate in a contest, where you can win something else like a slap on the back with a certificate of merit that you were there....

Maybe I'm overreacting, but this means to me so much, when I saw the contest rules for the first time, I've put everything aside, and began to sketch. I didn't had much time, but I've put in everything I got... and it matters nothing? Crying or Very sad

I just want to know what did I made wrong to not in the finals....? Anime cry

Don't feel bad! I didn't make it either and ur piece is beautiful! Way better then anything I could have done! I think they just had so many entries they didn't have a choice but to cut some. At least people can see it here with ur link and admire it =)
JudySparrow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:34 am Reply with quote
Rainsan wrote:
Don't feel bad! I didn't make it either and ur piece is beautiful! Way better then anything I could have done! I think they just had so many entries they didn't have a choice but to cut some. At least people can see it here with ur link and admire it =)

Thank you Rainsan, for the kind words. <3
I'll be OK... Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5