• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Barakamon, Sengoku Basara Judge End, Black Butler: Book of Circus

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh, so they did get Black Butler after all. No surprise about Barakamon though with the U.S. regions locked out..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote
A lot of people were worried about Funimation not getting Black Butler, but now that can be put to rest hopefully. Strangely, none of these shows were ones that I was planning on watching...
hojo 360

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
This all got me hard Razz no but for real i stuff i can't wait to see
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Hooray for Book of Circus! I guess I'll be double-dipping with Kuroshitsuji again since I'm already planning to buy the Japanese BDs. ^^; (Triple dipped with the first season... FUNi DVD, FUNi BD, Japanese BD box....)
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Not planning on watching it, but glad to see Funi pick up Black Butler since that means that Aniplex titles might not be 100% un-licenceable by anyone (Though still probably a good 98%). I suppose there's a chance Aniplex might call for a DVD only or nonstandard release like Sentai's P4 or Funi's Hellsing.

The Psycho Pass license is interesting too. How do you release and market a re-cut like that?
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how much Funimation paid for the Black Butler license & what the physical release will be like... Because there's no way AoJ would simply "give away" a property like this.

Sad to see them get Barakamon, but I looked up the JP BDs and they're surprisingly affordable,~185$ for all volumes, so i'll probably just get those instead to fulfill my collecting needs Smile.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watched BB since ~10 episodes into the first season. But I liked the Circus arc in the manga, so I'll jump back in. I plan to watch Barakamon and maybe try Judge End as well.

Also...I really hope any new footage of Psycho Pass is eventually rounded up into one video. I bought the special edition NA release already, and don't have it in me to pay for a re-release right now.
Stepppingoui

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
I wonder how much Funimation paid for the Black Butler license & what the physical release will be like... Because there's no way AoJ would simply "give away" a property like this.

It is possible Funimation was allowed to keep Black Butler considering they released seasons 1 and 2 plus the OVA so them getting Book of Circus makes continuity sense.

Glad to see Funimation picked up Sengoku Basara Judge End I'm looking forward to seeing it. As for Black Butler: Book of Circus although I am not a fan of the series still glad to see they were able to pick it up too.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
I'm glad they got Black Butler and Psycho-Pass.

I am crushed to see that they didn't license the Steins;Gate Burdened Domaim of Deja Vu movie yet. *sobs quietly in a corner*
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
Knight-Hart wrote:
I'm glad they got Black Butler and Psycho-Pass.

I am crushed to see that they didn't license the Steins;Gate Burdened Domaim of Deja Vu movie yet. *sobs quietly in a corner*

Have faith. It happened for DBZ, it'll happen for Steins;Gate. Funimation already know how popular the series is, so deciding to acquire the movie should be a no-brainer for them.
TG72

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:11 am Reply with quote
So glad to see Barakamon confirmed... and with home video!
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:18 am Reply with quote
Don't think it's been covered on ANN at all, but according to Crunchyroll news, A Certain Magical Index and Scientific Railgun's first seasons are both to be re-released on Bluray, while Index 2 will be released straight to Bluray.
kyleoconnor26

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:37 am Reply with quote
I hope they use in-house voice actors for Sengoku Basara Judge End.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:50 am Reply with quote
Barakamon looks like my sort of thing and since Crunchyroll didn't take their cut out of it I won't have to wait four weeks for each episode {and the waiting period CR puts on actual US anime companies who have their own streaming licenses doesn't make me want to subscribe to CR, it makes me want to look into illegal downloads}.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:40 am Reply with quote
That's a great offer by Funimation. Barakamon, Sengoku Basara Judge End, Black Butler: Book of Circus and Space Dandy 2 whom they announced earlier are one of my summer anime lists.

I'm even happier for picking Psycho Pass 2 and the re-cuts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2