• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: manga, school

Plot Summary: Sakura Chiyo confesses her feelings to her schoolmate Nozaki. Due to a misunderstanding, Nozaki thinks Sakura is just a fan. She then discovers Nozaki's other identity; a shōjo manga artist. As she gets closer to Nozaki, she befriends Nozaki's quirky acquaintances who assist him and serve as inspirations for his manga.
----------------------------------

Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOjdanNLFAI&feature=player_embedded

This looks cute imo. From what I recall, the source manga won an award before and that's something appreciable. The comedy should be decent too and the PV so far seems charming enough with delicate characters. Definitely looking forward to it :>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
As3ann

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
NEWER PV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWQQOd6L4UE

the opening song is pretty catchy and funky. haha
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Definitely on my watch list. :>
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote

Poor girl...
That was totally embarrassing.
That guy is so serious and calm.
Definitely not a typical mangaka.
They do make a good team though.
The bicycle part was totally LOL
Well, this was more fun then I expected.
I'm pleasantly surprised.
Will be watching this!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
That was seriously cute. I hope spoiler[Sakura will be able to climb out of her shell soon and properly confess.]

The spoiler[bike part and her face expressions] were so hilarious in the first episode!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
That was pretty funny. It is already better than last season's manga artist anime.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Cute show. But I hope we don't have too many more stammering attempts at a confession like that. Watching an anime character not be able to spit it out is both boring (due to overuse) and painful.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I would also not particularly like having to watch Chiyo attempt and fail to confess any more (I was cringing inside for the entirety of her 2nd one), but other than that, I found this episode hilarious! I love that they actually mentioned that the whole "romantic" riding on the back of someone else's bike thing is actually illegal, and I loved the entire bike-related sequence of events that followed. Chiyo has some pretty awesome facial expressions. I look forward to seeing what "Mikorin" and all the other characters shown in the opening and promo material bring to the table.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
Oh my gawd.
I love this anime.
I love everything about this anime.
This anime is amazing.

All shoujo-lovers, this is a must-watch.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:43 am Reply with quote
Great first episode, the only question will it keep my interest the whole series. I tend to get bored of most anime comedies after awhile

But I really enjoyed this so hoping it continues to make me laugh.

The great cast doesn't hurt either.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:09 am Reply with quote
I was expecting very little from the show going into it but its first episode was definitely amusing. I don't know if the humour can hold up for subsequent episodes but what we've gotten thus far has been pretty promising.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Had low expectations, it is not like I am much of a fan in general of shoujo stuff, and so far this week I have watched a number of anime with a specific target for the female audience. But this episode totally sold me, the heroine has at least a personality, and the events kind of mocked some shoujo stuff without coming off mean, with her having kind of relatable reactions.

This episode alone made me laugh out multiple times, I don't know how they are going to be able to keep this up though. A spoiler[tandem bike], really, while at some point in time could be romantic, it was clearly spoiler[incredibly dorky]. Finishing it off with her spoiler[doing the lines with reversed roles] was excellent characterisation for any protagonist.

When I said a few weeks that I hoped for more shoujo like The World Is Still Beautiful, I think that this is exactly what I had in mind. I am so in.
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Cute show. But I hope we don't have too many more stammering attempts at a confession like that. Watching an anime character not be able to spit it out is both boring (due to overuse) and painful.

I wouldn't be surprised if this became a running joke and spoiler[she's gonna remain his assistant forever. Perhaps she can sell his autograph at least, once he's famous? Wink ]

This was surprisingly funny, even for a 'non-shoujo-lover' like me. Looking forward to meeting spoiler[ the pure, sensitive and delicate guy.] Laughing
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote
While Nozaki-kun has a decent portion of its comedy about parodying shoujo manga tropes, it is decidedly a shounen (aimed at guys) manga, and in turn anime, in terms of demographics.

Anyway, Dogakobo is basically the best in the business right now at adapting 4koma comedy manga, so it's no surprise that this had such a strong opening episode. Hope it can keep it up as it introduces more of the cast next episode.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote
I know it's aimed at guys...but I cannot fathom why.... o_O
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 12