• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blue Spring Ride (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:53 pm Reply with quote

Blue Spring Ride (TV)

Genres: comedy, drama, romance
Themes: love triangle, school life

Plot Summary: Revolves around Futaba, a girl who was in love with a boy named Kō Tanaka in middle school. However, after a misunderstanding, their relationship as friends ends when he transfers schools over summer vacation. In high school, her world is turned around once again when she meets Kō again, this time under the name of Kō Mabuchi.
----------------------------------

Preview.

This looks like it has potential. Being one cour, I expect some rush but the drama should still be decent along with the romance. The PV looks pretty solid as well with the character designs.

I've been following the franchise for awhile now so this is could be a dark horse of the Summer Season Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote

Interesting and sweet.
It's hard to put it to words.
Just kinda sucked me in.
Couldn't stop watching it.
The hot-cold thing was intriguing.
Will give this a try.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

It was good overall, some cliche moments but the artwork thanks to Production IG really pulled it off. I think it might take me a little while to get used to Futaba though.

The atmosphere was sweet and I already see bits of romance. Now where will this go? I wonder but I bet a love triangle will come soon. Also, some other characters will be introduced soon so can't wait to see that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
A Mystery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

What I liked most about what's been shown so far is that it seems like this show will focus on being yourself and what true friendship and love is. Sure there have been other series that cover this, but in my opinion there are never enough of those shows.
saber.complex

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

I was absolutely blown away by how great the watercolor style looked during the flashback.I am definitely intrigued by the hint of themes like your past and present self and what that means for love.

I like that Mabuchi seems like quite the complex character, and I hope to see the same kind of treatment for Futaba, because admittedly the first episode seemed to give more plot points for Mabuchi than for her. Definitely got a bit of Kimi ni Todoke feel which I can always use more of. I'll be keeping my eye on this show for sure.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Feels like the amount of shoujo has increased lately, at least ones that I am finding interest in.

She decided to spoiler[act a lot more masculine to distance herself from general guys interest and get easy friendship from other girls]. And he seems to spoiler[have become a lot more steelier, perhaps starting from thinking he was turned down and then his parents divorcing.]

Kind of ironic as I find the way she acts to be spoiler[kind of charming], but if she is not spoiler[being her entire self it could be good to see her change]. Her own "friends" had spoiler[no faith in her], I can see by the songs she will become part of another group, including that girl who is isolated by the girls. I am reminded a little of Kimi ni Todoke with them, except maybe in reverse.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 am Reply with quote
Not bad. I think Tanaka/Mabuchi was a little bit of a douche-canoe to Futaba but that is the nature of the shojo beast, so no point getting warped about that.

I like how he spoiler[stood up for her at the school store, but on the other hand, it was weird that Futaba either didn't think to do the same thing he did or was just too flummoxed (i.e. have the woman who served her who is like three feet away confirm she already paid).]

Anyway, looking forward to meeting more of the main cast, including ostracized cutesy girl.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
spoiler["I hate all boys!"
(First love happens to overhear it)]

............. Rolling Eyes

I guess i just need to get used to that trope. Still annoys me quite a bit. Otherwise pretty good episode. I can relate to Futaba a bit since i know what it's like to have "fake" friends. That also makes me hate her in a "I don't want to see this happen to someone else" way Embarassed

It seems to me that she ought to hate girls more than guys considering that based off what we've seen so far the girls are much bigger douchebags.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Such a typical shoujo episode start.
There were so cute together.
Shame things aren't like that now.
OMG Futaba just met her past self.
No wonder she keeps acting anti-cute.
I was wondering when she'd snap at her friends.
Win some, lose some..
Guess she's evolving after all.
The window scene awwwwww (´ ▽`).。o♡]

Great episode!
A Mystery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Yeahhh I love thisss - done with spoiler[the false friends and Futaba's trying to be honest to herself and] others. The cutesy girl spoiler[didn't get friends with Futaba] immediately, but that's a common thing in real life, it needs time.
As for Tanaka/Mabuchi's personality: we'll have to see if spoiler[he'll stop the angry act and show what his motives were, as well as the things he's endured in the past. He doesn't seem to have found the smile button yet, me thinks he needs to find it soon. ] Cannot give a clear opinion about him now.
I know there are hundreds of shoujo high school romances/dramas already, but I'll eat this one like chocolate if the characters continue to grow.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

That was cute. Usually, I find stuff like this to be cliche and uninteresting but the charm behind the show was spoiler[honest when Kou pulled Futaba into that embrace. The music done well too with its message.]

Besides the friendship buildup between Yuuri and Futaba this episode, one other spoiler[noticeable part is the introduction of two other characters, two which will definitely have some roles that will influence certain events.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Did I miss something or are spoiler[Tanaka-kun and Tanaka-sensei related? Tanaka might be a common name, but they look like twins, despite Cat Boy (?!) teacher supposedly being years older.]

I don't recall it being mentioned, but it feels like it's being set up as some sort of shock! moment. If so, I'm going to be face-palming hard.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
^I was face palming in this episode already spoiler[C'mon, how dense can Futaba be?
1. Tanaka-kun & Tanaka-Sensei share a family name...
2. She overheard them arguing, and Tanaka-Sensei called Kou by his given name without an honoriffic.
3.They look exactly alike! Futaba noticed this herself when Tanaka-Sensei grinned at her.

I'm calling it now, Tanaka-Sensei is Kou's dad]

This was a step up from ep 1 spoiler[I appreciate that Futaba kicked the Mean Girls to the curb and started to befriend cutesy-poo in ep2. They didn't stretch that out, which is good. Next up, she needs to meet the two interesting side characters they introduced this week, and Kou needs to lighten up and start letting it go. Oh, and Futaba needs to figure out the Tanaka teacher's relationship with Kou.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
That's why I was puzzling over it. It seems so obvious, and yet it doesn't seem like she's made the connection yet. It's hard to believe they're painting her as that monumentally blind.

I'm thinking more spoiler[older brother who stayed with Dad (or was in college by then and saw no reason to change his name) while Kou went with Mom] maybe? I mean spoiler[sensei can't possibly be more than 25, can he? To be his father he'd have to be at least 30, if he sowed his oats very young.]
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:56 am Reply with quote
^I also thought sensei looked very young and considered that he might be spoiler[Kou's brother]. Adults tend to look much younger than their actual age in anime, though. I hope it's "revealed" in an episode or two, and they don't keep us guessing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5