• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Watch Hatsune Miku Sing Frozen's "Let It Go"

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Nothing is even playing on either video.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Nothing is even playing on either video.

I think you need to have a Nico Nico account first in order to view it? Or try refreshing?
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
That's okay, there's already dozens of homemade Miku Let It Go's on YT as we speak.

And a few other Frozie hits, too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k27BOGHR-CQ
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of Frozen and otaku, I wish it was getting some notice at C86.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Got a feeling "Let it Go" is going to become this generation's
"My Heart Will Go On" with how much it's getting saturated and played everywhere
The_way67

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Miku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try refreshing the page. The 1st video works, the 2nd video will take you to the page to sign up for an account or something to watch it. So just close that page, and or refresh and it worked for me to watch the 2nd video!!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I doubt people will get sick of tired of Idina Menzel or that she'll get a permanent show in Vegas to sing to midwesterners and foreign tourists.

Now if Elsa got a permanent show in Vegas, I'll fly back to that hellhole to see it.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Must say that was a nice video but I still haven't watched Frozen yet
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Must say that was a nice video but I still haven't watched Frozen yet

If you're going to watch Frozen out of pop-cultural peer-pressure, it helps to watch Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph first, to put it into proper context.
That seems to be the problem with most of the (straight) fans. Rolling Eyes
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I think...

They should've done the other songs from the movie, lol.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
If you're going to watch Frozen out of pop-cultural peer-pressure, it helps to watch Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph first, to put it into proper context.

What context? It has zero relation with Break-It-Bob other than being the same studio and computer animated, and what it shares with Tangled is a well animated female lead with a story based off of European folktales, and also a common design engine. You can jump right into Frozen without having seen those other two and the best way I can lump all three together would calling them all a part of some kind of Disney Enlightenment while Pixar stumbles and the other studios were never in the contest.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
EricJ2 wrote:

What context? It has zero relation with Break-It-Bob other than being the same studio and computer animated, and what it shares with Tangled is a well animated female lead with a story based off of European folktales, and also a common design engine. You can jump right into Frozen without having seen those other two and the best way I can lump all three together would calling them all a part of some kind of Disney Enlightenment while Pixar stumbles and the other studios were never in the contest.

Problem is, most girls DO jump into Frozen without having seen the, ahem, three other movies John Lasseter produced since Bolt and Meet the Robinsons (which would also be worth watching), and give Frosty the Snowgirls all the sole, solitary credit for "OMG, Disney's finally making good movies again after all these years!"
Well, yeah, we sorta already found that out about four years back, it's just a surprise that they're making mediocre, half-written and claustrophobic/stagebound Broadway-fangirl ones now, where the Big-Showtune songs have little or nothing to do with the story.
And, since Ralph and Winnie the Pooh apparently never existed, most of the fans believe that Disney is now in the full-time business of Inspiring the Dreams of Young Girls, and rewrite all of recent Disney history to fit. (Hey, there were a few Vanellope fangirls too, y'know!)

Okay, maybe I'm still a little bugged by all the Beauty&Beast worship from folks who took a year to admit they liked Little Mermaid, but that's how history repeats itself all the time.

Last edited by EricJ2 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I was never hot on Smash-It-Steve mostly due to the second half losing my interest and care, but I do know that feeling of misplaced and delayed praise.
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote
Screw that, I want Disney to do another 2D movie. Princess and the Frog was awesome.
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
Kill it with fire.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2