• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz's Shonen Jump, Shojo Beat Shake Up Manga Lineup

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellKorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
The July issue of Shojo Beat also revealed that the college-life romance Honey and Clover will replace NANA after August.

OH. WOW.

That's the best thing that Viz has done this entire year, save for reprinting Tekkon Kinkreet. I'm ecstatic at the idea of buying Nana once every two months, and that they have the Honey and Clover manga, as well as the live-action movie... apparently the first anime series adaption as well... Damn, that's plain cool.

Though I'd really care to hear about the first DVD release of Honey and Clover and them acquiring the second series, but this news is still great.

Also, there's an error here as ANN links to this manga instead of Honey and Clover.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad Bobobo is continuing. I'm curious to see what comes of this SJ Evolution.
Lenks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm upset over Shaman King. =/ Now I have to buy the graphic novels instead of just having them in my Jump issues.
infoman99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quote
well i'm kinda sad that shoen-jump is going to end shamen king but happy that
going to keep naruto and i really hope Laughing Laughing that they'll bring gin-tama back into a regular series, here's hoping!! Surprised Surprised
omnistry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm so stoked about H&C. It's really one of those rare anime/manga series that even those not into anime can relate to.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Ehh, I was kind of hoping that Honey and Clover would go under the Signature line, but I guess that was wishful thinking. Still happy to see it though.
Treetastic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm excitend about Honey & Clover also. I'm glad it's coming out in English... was going to buy the German version because it's such a slice-of-life story that you wouldn't think it would be picked up, but those are getting more popular now. Smile
Nebs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Why NANA? I thought that was Shojo Beat's flagship series. I'd imagine a lot of fans being upset about it leaving the magazine (my sister for one).

I never really thought of Honey & Clover as a Shojo series. Either way, I'll have to borrow my sister's issues just to read that. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kolibri

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
OH. WOW.

That's the best thing that Viz has done this entire year, save for reprinting Tekkon Kinkreet. I'm ecstatic at the idea of buying Nana once every two months, and that they have the Honey and Clover manga, as well as the live-action movie... apparently the first anime series adaption as well... Damn, that's plain cool.

Tell me about it! I adore NANA but getting one album every 4-5 months just kills it... I can't be bothered with Beat and Jump normally because I'd rather buy my favorite series as tankobons... This has truly made my day Cool
crescendoll

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Aw, YES!!! I am so excited and happy to hear Hachikuro's finally coming! I hope it hits big with the Shojo Beat readers; it's such a fantastic title.
I also hope they might release the movie stateside sometime in the future, as that would be fantastic. And naturally I would LOVE a release of the anime as well, though I wonder if the music might pose a licensing problem...
Roy9076

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh nice! I'm super excited for Honey and Clover!! ^^; Lovely.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I am shocked that NANA is out of the magazine, though I would bet that the reasoning for such a move would be the fact that it's fairly long for a shoujo series and thus it would take a really long time for the manga to be fully released.

I'm also surprised about Baby & Me, but not because it's out, but because it lasted this long.

The new series sound interesting. I definitely am missing my subscription (I don't have a really permanent address at the moment and so decided to go without one until I did).
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:04 pm Reply with quote
The news regarding Nana is the best one that I heard this day Very Happy I remember how depressed I was when I saw the release dates for volumes 7 and 8 at TRS and began counting the years till the English release catches up with the Japanese one.
Sir Hamilton

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I do not follow shojo-beat manga because I have more important things to spend my money on unfortunately and have been reading along with scanlations of the latest chapters in Japan. However it's nice to here that my NANA collection of manga will grow a little faster.

What chapter was the last one in the magazine does anyone know?
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quote
While I'm sad about Nana's leave, but HONEY AND CLOVER!?!? YEAH, BABY! I asked my dad for a year subscription after I read the news. I'm soooo excited for HachiKuro's debut in SB! Which also means it will be published under the SB label, hence cheaper price.
Is Nana leaving because of it's growing mature content or because it's ongoing at 16+ volumes? I'm wondering about that.

Sand Chronicles also looks interesting.
I'm sad to see Baby and Me go (I much rather have Absolute Boyfriend and Vampire Knight take an exit *gets tomatoes thrown at her*) but I'm looking forward to Haruka...though I don't know what it's about. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5