• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure Anime Returns Next Spring in High School Sequel

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitsunelaine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:15 am Reply with quote
I hope it's gonna be good. I wonder if it's a new series or specials.

Edit: Article seems to be updated to say that it's a series after I went to bed. Sweet!

Last edited by Kitsunelaine on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote
Adaminator1 wrote:
I hope it's gonna be good. I wonder if it's a new series or specials.

It's a series.
ZetaZaku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:33 am Reply with quote
The problem is that Toei doesn't care. They already ruined Sailor Moon by not giving a shit about it, now they are doing the same to Digimon. I'll give it a chance since I love the first series, but I'm not expecting it to be good. Not after Saint Seiya Omega and Sailor Moon Crystal.
Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:34 am Reply with quote
One of the things I love about this is it'll make all those fanfics written not fit in with this. Anime hyper And hey, this'll actually HAVE Digimon. Anime hyper

I think my only concern is it might not fit in with some of the Drama CDs that take place after 02, which I love oh so much. :/

I'm really hoping this'll be good! I did really wanna know what happened to Taichi and the others in between the end and the finale. I hope it doesn't really "pander" to its online fandom.

And I really really hope they don't replace the voices with younger voice actresses . . . isn't the reason we cast women as boys in animation is so their voices won't change the way a child's would? Toshiko & Chika are amazing as their characters. And they voiced them recently in spoiler[Xros Wars] and the Digimon Adventure PSP game.

And I MUCH prefer this over remaking the series. Sailor Moon Crystal works because it's less fillery like its source material. Can't think of how that'd work with a (largely) original story and characters.

Last edited by Crystal on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:35 am Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:52 am Reply with quote
Wait, is that mean we're going to see up close spoiler[the awkwardness of "Matt's" and Sora's relationship in front of Tai?] Shocked
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:52 am Reply with quote
I presume Saban is already preparing to get this in the US as well? I'd like to hope so.
Aster Selene

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:09 am Reply with quote
Adventure is truly in an interesting situation, especially considering how the PSP game was released January 2013 with (almost) the entire original cast and penned by the anime's director, Hiroyuki Kakudou. It's hard to say until we get more info, but there's a high likelihood they might return for this as well. (Kakudou was also involved in the production of the most recent anime series, Xros Wars.)

Toei has generally tried to involve as many of the original faces as they can whenever it comes to anything Adventure-related, so it's hard to say what will happen from here. It's definitely not something that normally happens with Toei multi-series like this.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:12 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this series will be in keeping with the ending of Digimon 02 or if it'll be a separate universe?
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:27 am Reply with quote
I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. I mean, I'm happy that Digimon's returning, but how are they going to execute this series?
Bruce91

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:28 am Reply with quote
So does it takes after(before ending) or during adventure 02?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:35 am Reply with quote
My childhood memories...

Damn, this is another surprise of the week for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:37 am Reply with quote
I cant believe this is happening the original adventure is coming back. i like the other series too. some more than the other but the orgina
adventure series is the one that i loved most, i cant wait to see those guys again.

i am interested to see the whole sora, matt and tai relationship might develop.

i am also interested if they might also work on how ken and yolei how they developed there feeling together cause ein the final they showed they were married to each other but they never showed any real relationship forming the original series. as well t.k and kari thing.

Maybe this time they might focus on the whole daemon and dark spores arc that was shown in adventure 02 but was left unresolved as well the the dragomon dark ocean story which was also left unresolved
Veniamin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:43 am Reply with quote
I kinda hope Saban doesn't get it. It's a shame that I never got to hear Butterfly when it was originally bought in the west and dealing with dialogue changes. Sad
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
Digimon, Digital Monsters
Digimon are the champions~♪
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10