• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Director: Dog Days" Takes Place 3 Months After 2nd Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:05 am Reply with quote
Nice that we have even more updates. If this franchise gets an Eng. dub, I could see Josh Grelle as Shinku/Cinque.
Roxiepluto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am Reply with quote
*sigh* I'm losing all hope for this series as time goes on. I loved the first season; I couldn't recommend it enough but the second season lost all semblance of plot and turned into fanservice antics all season - it had so much potential but I feel like it squandered it. I was hoping this season might reel itself back in and do what made the first season so good but if they're going to be introducing even more (unnecessary imo) characters then that suggests more of season 2 antics.

I have never been so disappointed between season 1 and 2 of the same anime.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:46 am Reply with quote
The time expansion doesn't really surprise me. It looks like we are getting 2-3 more new characters though. Now that's more interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I guess they're trying keep characters realistically young, thus a 3 month jump i guess. I like the first season, but second i have to agree was fanservice filler season.

I wonder if their just playing to the market/fans verses actually making a story. I thought it was more kid's show with "battles" being just substitue for actual battle so it be shown to younger audiance. The events in reality are just a economic clutch keep real war from happening, being similar to old American Gladiator shows.
garlogan78

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Roxiepluto wrote:
*sigh* I'm losing all hope for this series as time goes on. I loved the first season; I couldn't recommend it enough but the second season lost all semblance of plot and turned into fanservice antics all season - it had so much potential but I feel like it squandered it. I was hoping this season might reel itself back in and do what made the first season so good but if they're going to be introducing even more (unnecessary imo) characters then that suggests more of season 2 antics.

I have never been so disappointed between season 1 and 2 of the same anime.

For me it was actually the opposite. I thought S1 was so dumb and the plot was stupid, and S2 surprised me by just being a more fun slice of life show with fun games thrown in.
AP24

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
It was already mentioned near the end of the 2nd season that they would come back during the fall vacation.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quote
My main problem is the series wrapped up relatively well with s2. You got the big bad of the world that Cinq and co had to beat, and the won, and horay. I mean how realistically does a show like this continue, are they going start with the old, DBZ tactic of, this new guy, is really the main bad guy.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:21 pm Reply with quote
The comedy of this series reminds of the fantasy comedy that you'd see in Slayers.

I see this series as the type that could go well on Toonami/AdultSwim.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1