• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/stay night TV Anime's 4th TV Ad Highlights Saber

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
Heh, kinda knew this was coming. I like how the animation is improved for the Lancer vs. Saber fight in this short CM.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
uhhh god i'm losing my mind here .... I want to watch this NOW! and I want the Japanese BD boxes NOW! .. Sad ......................
natchu96

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Heh, kinda knew this was coming. I like how the animation is improved for the Lancer vs. Saber fight in this short CM.

Yeah, I keep saying this to people, but all the environmental damage being thrown in really helps give off that "powerful" vibe.

Flashiness is good, but all bark and no bite doesn't really have the same impact as actual results like swinging a sword at someone so hard the ground beneath them actually explodes when they receive the blow . . .

Colors look a tad better too. Smooth movements. I like it. I mean these guys made Zero-Berserker vs Gate of Babylon Spam look amazing, I look forward to it.
konqueror

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Saber looks beautiful in the dojo.

Oh god why can't be October already.
IanC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
One question - why?

There's already an anime tv show. There was also a film of the Unlimited Blades route. So… why?
Blazaking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be glorious.
Mirri

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
One question - why?

There's already an anime tv show. There was also a film of the Unlimited Blades route. So… why?

Consistency as an adaptation of the source material in terms of writing.

Artistic consistency with the adaptation of Fate/Zero.

Hardcore fans dislike DEEN's TV adaptation because it can be seen as an analog of the human centipede, except with the three routes instead of three people.

Hardcore fans hate DEEN's movie adaptation because it's pretty much pointless to watch unless you've already read the source material. It's just "This is an animated version of all of those awesome fights you read!" and not much substance.

But I think the real reason boils down to just one thing:

Money.

There's still money left in this franchise. A lot.
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Saaaaaaaber-chan!!!!! Can't wait!
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Looks nice. Should get around to checking out what was released before to see if I'd be interested in this new one.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
One question - why?

well a lot of the type moon fans was seriously griping for years on the deen version of FSN which tried to merged all three routes into one and it ended with the fate route which in my opinion is the better route. though if you speak to fans especially those type moon fanatics they prefer the heavens feel route.

though yea. i couldnt understand why myself considering that there is a film already on UBW. it would have been better off if it was an anime TV version of Hollow Ataraxia or it was a brand new version of FSN which have no relation to any of the routes based off of the novels.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1