• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Offers Soul Eater Not! Anime on Home Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Totally expected but its nice to have a release window!
me_barron

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Meh. Couldn't get into the series. Bland characters. Bland plot. Bland animation. Kinda dug the lesby vibe from several of the characters. That was new-ish.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure the VA's for Meme and Anya are switched.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I'll be honest, I enjoyed this show enough to consider owning it a year from now. What I find intriguing is this line here:

Quote:
Funimation will offer an English dub track with the anime.

Seems a little out of place for them to mention something that until this point has pretty much been a guarantee. Hopefully this means this they have plans to put out some sub-only releases. Now, I know some people won't like that but if that means everything they license is assured a disc release somewhere down the road, I'll take it.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:
I'll be honest, I enjoyed this show enough to consider owning it a year from now. What I find intriguing is this line here:

Quote:

Seems a little out of place for them to mention something that until this point has pretty much been a guarantee. Hopefully this means this they have plans to put out some sub-only releases. Now, I know some people won't like that but if that means everything they license is assured a disc release somewhere down the road, I'll take it.

I never noticed that, but that is weird. I definitely don't wish for them to start releasing sub only discs. For me, when Funi announces another release, I know for sure that it'll have a dub track and that makes me happy. I don't want to start worrying about if or if they might not release things with a dub. I can always count on Funi when it comes to dubs.
Futago_101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:

I never noticed that, but that is weird. I definitely don't wish for them to start releasing sub only discs. For me, when Funi announces another release, I know for sure that it'll have a dub track and that makes me happy. I don't want to start worrying about if or if they might not release things with a dub. I can always count on Funi when it comes to dubs.

Actually, FUNimation released the complete OniAi series as sub-only title last December.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
If this all Funimation announced at Anime Weekend Atlanta, it is very underwhelming. I was hoping for at least a release date for the Steins;Gate movie.

rootsofjustice wrote:
Quote:

I am with you. Funimmation should do more sub-only releases because I doubt all their dub release produce that much money. This might allow them to release titles like xxxHolic:Kei Also, I trust Funimation to still dub all their moderate popular titles and big hits.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I guess it will be hard for them to get Laura Bailey back,isn't it?she seems too busy and too mainstream to do anime these days...
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Whoa practically a year from now.. It's funny but when next summer comes and this releases I will be thinking "waw already the year went by!?" lol
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:39 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
I guess it will be hard for them to get Laura Bailey back,isn't it?she seems too busy and too mainstream to do anime these days...

She came back for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, so I don't think it will be too much of a problem.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:19 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
johnnysasaki wrote:

She came back for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, so I don't think it will be too much of a problem.

oh yeah,well reminded.
ChihiroFujisaki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:45 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:

Quote:

I'm also hoping for some more sub-only releases from Funi. When people hear "sub-only" with regards to Funi, they seem to think that people are asking them to dub less, but that's not the case at all. If they were to release more sub-only products, rather than dubbing less they would continue to dub as much as they currently do, but also give home video releases to projects that they thought weren't worth dubbing (and by extension weren't worth a home video release). Think of stuff like The Tatami Galaxy, Rainbow, Kyousougiga, etc. This way everyone would win, really.
endallchaos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
Glad it was funimation and not aniplex... I wouldn't pay $200 for a series...
ChihiroFujisaki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:26 am Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:
Glad it was funimation and not aniplex... I wouldn't pay $200 for a series...

Why would Aniplex release this series? It's a property of Media Factory (and by extension, Kadokawa). Even if Aniplex was on the production committee (not certain if they were) they don't own the international rights at all.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:47 am Reply with quote
ChihiroFujisaki wrote:

Why would Aniplex release this series? It's a property of Media Factory (and by extension, Kadokawa). Even if Aniplex was on the production committee (not certain if they were) they don't own the international rights at all.
Aniplex was involved in the main series, although only for music I believe. Anyway I have no interest in this series but that confirmation of a dub did catch my eye a bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2