• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha USA Adds Tsubasa: WoRLD CHRoNiCLE, Fairy Tail: Blue Mistral, L DK, Inuyashiki Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Inuyashiki get picked up. I'll check it out whenever they get around to releasing it.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote
How long is the Tsubasa spin-off? I definitely need to pick it up.

Was hoping to hear something regarding Kuragehime. Oh well.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
The new Tsubasa only has two chapters so far. It'll probably take eons before it is long enough to get one volume in Japan, forget about getting to the States
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Wendy Marvell's spin-off manga is the only manga I'll get out of 4...:/
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I thought the Fairy Tail spin off they'd grab first would be Fairy Tail Zero as it's actually written/drawn by Hiro Mashima. Not too interested in Blue Mistral.

Will look into L DK & Inuyashiki nearer the time of their respective releases as they sound like they could be interesting.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Holy cow. I can't believe we are going to get Inuyashiki!

For those of you tired of manga about high school kids, this is the manga you've been waiting for.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Inuyashiki looks really, really, interesting. Will definitely buy.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully WoRLD CHRoNiCLE can fix the train wreck of an ending to the original series.

I am slightly excited.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote
VanGosroth wrote:
Hopefully WoRLD CHRoNiCLE can fix the train wreck of an ending to the original series.

I am slightly excited.

I never really found the original ending to be a train wreck, really. It leaves stuff open, but not without purpose.
But then... I studied CLAMP for half of my life, so... I might've just found it perfectly fitting to Ohkawa's style of writing and, thus, found it meaningful to me.
Either way, a continuation is very exciting news and the first two chapters have been great. I'm glad to see it licensed.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I know it's from the Gantz guy, but Inuyashiki doesn't seem like the kind of title which would appeal to the typical demo of American manga readers. I think Kodansha USA is kicking themselves that they let their parent company sell off Prison School to Yen Press. Rolling Eyes
asckj1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news! Looking forward to Tsubasa World Chronicle Very Happy Very Happy from Kodansha.

Um and just a quick question - Is Kodansha's current Tsubasa Chronicle Omnibus having extra material, like color pages or extra chapters etc, or are they only 3 in 1 volumes as Del Rey had published?
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'll definitely check out WoRLD CHRoNiCLE...whenever that one will be released! Laughing

I wonder if all the omnibus editions of RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE will be released before WoRLD CHRoNiCLE's first volume is out? I've not read the entire original series (though I do know the ending and don't mind it), so I do wonder if I'd have the chance to read it all before the new series starts. Maybe it'll have to gather dust while I read through and wait for the omnibus editions to be released.

Hopefully, for my sake, WoRLD CHRoNiCLE isn't too tied in to xxxHOLiC:Rei, as I don't intend on checking xxxHOLiC out. Just doesn't interest me.

asckj1 wrote:
Um and just a quick question - Is Kodansha's current Tsubasa Chronicle Omnibus having extra material, like color pages or extra chapters etc, or are they only 3 in 1 volumes as Del Rey had published?

Have no idea if things will change (doubtful), but the first omnibus has no colour pages. I do own the first 4 volumes released by Del Rey, and I've not spotted a difference between the omnibus and the first 3 volumes.

Which reminds me, should find a way to get rid of these 4 volumes. Hope I can find them a new home...

On L DK, I remember looking into the series a bit when I heard about its movie awhile back. Sounded interesting to me. I may get it, but I think I'll wait until we're closer to the release to make a definite decision on it.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Havnt read Inuyashiki yet, but since its from Oku, its a must read.
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah! I'll definitely get L DK and Inuyashiki.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
VanGosroth wrote:

I am slightly excited.

Agreed full stop.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2