• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licences Brynhildr in the Darkness Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote
that's neat. Think I might get it
Key

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Really not surprised that they're releasing it, give that their predecessor ADV had Elfen Lied and this series is clearly trying to ape that one. Too bad the narrative on this goes wonky at times, especially in the late stages.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I guesss someone had to and it's certainly not as good as Elfen Lied. In fact torwards the end it's close to being terrible.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame that the story gets super rushed at the last 3 episodes because other than that this has been one of my favorite series of the year so far. Still, since I loved 9/12's if this series I am really happy someone finally picked it up, and i'll definitely get it. Now if only someone would license Arpeggio and WUG.
Zero Requiem

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I knew I could count on you Sentai Filmworks
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I honestly want to kick the director of this anime in the balls. He absolutely DESTROYED this show with his shitty rushed finale. What was supposed to be an epic battle between Neko and Valkyrie was butchers beyond all hope by this hack. My most awaited scene in the show: spoiler[ Kana actually KILLING Valkyrie] was not only omitted, but replaced with the most stupid thing possible. And no, this wasn't executive meddling, the director was warned by the rest of the staff that he is screwing up the plot, but he said he knew what he was doing and wanted to present his own vision. I HATE THIS MAN.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:25 pm Reply with quote
For some strange reason, I thought Sentai already had this title. Anyway, I'm happy to hear it. This is a show I really enjoyed despite some pretty glaring flaws. I have not read the manga yet so adaption rage is not a factor for me.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I echo DmonHiros words. I can't support the show because it was butchered so badly, the source material was so good yet they basically skipped an entire cours worth of material and messed with the story. At least it had two awesome OPs.

A distant runner up in butchered adaptation of the year to Toriko though. No one can take that award away from Toei. No one.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
For some strange reason, I thought Sentai already had this title.

Me too. I hope Sentai picks more stuff from 2013. I would buy Gingitsune, Strike the Blood, and maybe Galilei Donna.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I agree with kevinx59.

The first 9/12 episodes was great, it was so great that it actually inspired me to read the manga, which rarely happens. But of course that made the last 3 episodes pretty bad in my eyes. The manga is my currently favorite running manga, and the show was doing pretty good. But trying to squeeze 50 chapters into 2 episodes is a surefire way to destroy your show.

But still the first 3/4 is pretty fantastic!
hellsingfan01

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:18 pm Reply with quote
lets hope they get a great dub cast
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm another in the 9/12 club. Great 9 episodes IMO, loved the OP...and the OP change signals when it's time to rush through things.

And, like Blood-, I too thought that Sentai had already picked this one up.

Unfortunately, since 1/4 of the show isn't enjoyable (especially since, you know, spoiler[the villains aren't actually defeated...we basically got to see a 'stage boss' lose]) I won't be picking this one up. I would be up for the manga, if it were to be licensed.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
And, like Blood-, I too thought that Sentai had already picked this one up.

Looks like I'm the third to have thought that Razz
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Another member of the 9/12 club. at first the show was good that it made read the manga and one of the few that did but the rushed up ending was an utter disaster. if the manga series gets licensed il buy that but the anime adaption is a failure.

One series that i wish was licenses is Arpeggio. if the manga got license why not the anime especially with the movies coming out soon.
gedata

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Guh, this tripe. Wonder if it has the OVA though
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2