• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Knight Manga Gets New Chapter in February

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueBitterCoffee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
will viz release this chapter somehow ?
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:14 am Reply with quote
My guess would be digital. If they do a VIZBIG for Vampire Knight they most likely include the special.
marajsky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:52 am Reply with quote
What about an new anime??!!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:03 am Reply with quote
So all that hoopla about "Final Chapter" a few days ago was just a teaser?
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote
Another chapter?! Is she going to start up the series again? All I can say is that it better be Zero-Yuuki centric and not another ode to how awesome Kaname is/was. Otherwise, I'm officially done with this story! Evil or Very Mad
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
marajsky wrote:
What about an new anime??!!

it'll depend on how successful the last vol is i believe and how much fans want it cause if it is a lot they might have one ala inuyasha the final act.

rinmackie wrote:
Another chapter?! Is she going to start up the series again? All I can say is that it better be Zero-Yuuki centric and not another ode to how awesome Kaname is/was. Otherwise, I'm officially done with this story! Evil or Very Mad

dont go beserk now. cause its 50/50. though it is very high it will be more about zero and yuki.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess it would have to be about Zero and Yuuki since Kaname is "out of the picture" but I wouldn 't be suprised if Ms. Hino found some way to make it all about Kaname. Enough about him! Heck, how about tying up some of those loose ends from the main story. What about the headmaster, did he ever end his immortal curse? And what happened to the pureblood Isaya?

As for the anime, they left Sara out of the it, so they'll have to find some way to insert her or else create a new villian or maybe even a new storyline. Personally, I gave up on a new anime, but now that there's a musical and new chapters, I guess it's a possibility now.
Wildcat17

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so there's the final chapter, the epilogue and now a new chapter. Ok, cool! I had already said goodbye to the series, but...
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
Well, I guess it would have to be about Zero and Yuuki since Kaname is "out of the picture" but I wouldn 't be suprised if Ms. Hino found some way to make it all about Kaname. Enough about him! Heck, how about tying up some of those loose ends from the main story. What about the headmaster, did he ever end his immortal curse? And what happened to the pureblood Isaya?

As for the anime, they left Sara out of the it, so they'll have to find some way to insert her or else create a new villian or maybe even a new storyline. Personally, I gave up on a new anime, but now that there's a musical and new chapters, I guess it's a possibility now.

well if the live action series and musical does well enough i can see the possibility of a new anime series coming up. however they are definitely gonna make it completely faithful towards the manga which will mean they will include sara , and probably they will explain on what happened to isaya in the upcoming chapter or the possible new TV series.

Also Kaien Cross aint immortal. he only drank Juri's blood when he was severly injured back in vol 9. she never turned him into a vampire otherwise zero would have known which was my only beef with the series. i know it have to have comedy and all , but to make kaien an abel nightroad / vash the stampede type clone is so wrong on so many levels.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Actually, the headmaster is "immortal". It was revealed that's he's been alive and unchanged for 200 years. No one knows why; that was one of the reasons he initially wanted to kill all purebloods, he thought it would somehow end his curse. Course it's been awhile since I read the manga, so I don't remember all the details, but yeah, the dude was 200+ years old.

Supposedly, he's as close to a vampire as a human can get without actually being one. He was referred to among the hunters as "the vampire without fangs". And remember the hunters are descendants of the humans who drank the blood of an ancient vampire. (If you read all of the manga, you know the complete story behind that.)
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:59 am Reply with quote
i definitely did. even zero's decendants did the same. drank the blood of purebloods to get the power to hunt them. and the curse of twins being born in the family. however it never said anything about kaien being an immortal at all. only that the main reason why he changed his opinion about vampires was cause of his encounter with juri back in vol 9. and there were part of it that show hints that the relationship between them was similar to yuki and zero.

though it could be possible that all of that happened 200 years ago and juri gave him her blood to save him in exchange for his life and his school which was originally a vampire hunter school . hopefully if possible this chapter would help with that nagging part of the storyline.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1