• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hetalia Anime of Anthropomorphized Nations Gets New Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Oh heck yeah! I always loved the style & art in that Beautiful World season, so it's nice that we'll be seeing more of that Smile
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
6th? Shouldn't this be the 4th season instead? There was Hetalia Axis Powers, Hetalia World Series, and Hetalia: The Beautiful World, so technically this would be the 4th season... or am I missing something?
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh more Hetalia. Not really a huge fan of this show but it does have some humorous parts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Bracing myself for the fangirl stampede...
Kosaka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:07 pm Reply with quote
There were 2 seasons of Hetalia: Axis Powers and 2 seasons of Hetalia: World Series. Funimation initially had a DVD release for each of those 4 seasons, but later they released the 2 seasons of Hetalia: Axis Powers as 1 DVD set, and released the 2 seasons of Hetalia: World Series as 1 DVD set.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:11 am Reply with quote
Best idea to solving conflicts: take the anthropomorphised countries, and have them brawl it out in a bar. Potential name: Hetalia: Drunken Fist, Hidden Beer.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
Haven't been keeping up with Hetalia for years, but it's nice to see a new anime for it. I'll definitely watch episodes with more Seychelles in it since she's my favorite~ It'd be nice if they did some episodes based on the game she stars in (unless it's been done already).
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:05 am Reply with quote
Well, the Hetalia craze is not as it used to be
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:42 am Reply with quote
So they are still at it with the Hetalia adaptations. I have fallen from watching this series, but I do want to get back to watching it at some point. I wonder if this one is going to be an adaptation of Hidekaz new manga "World Stars" (which I haven't read yet as I hgave fallen behind the manga series as well). I'm sure would be.

Hameyadea wrote:
Best idea to solving conflicts: take the anthropomorphised countries, and have them brawl it out in a bar. Potential name: Hetalia: Drunken Fist, Hidden Beer.

Or even better have them brawl it out like in Super Smash Bros.. Wink

KENZICHI wrote:
Haven't been keeping up with Hetalia for years, but it's nice to see a new anime for it. I'll definitely watch episodes with more Seychelles in it since she's my favorite~ It'd be nice if they did some episodes based on the game she stars in (unless it's been done already).

Seychelles is my favorite character as well. ^ ^While I know they had made a few episodes base around Gankuen Hetalia, I don't think any of them had stared Seychelles. Perhaps she may appear in this season (which I hope regardless whether they have her star in a skit base around the spin off or not), but the only thing stopping from seeing her more often is the fact she is minor character.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Jex2193

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:58 am Reply with quote
Man, I haven't even seen Beautiful world yet and already there's another season. Time is going by way too fast.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:28 am Reply with quote
Oh, great. Another Hetalia season. EXACTLY what we need.

Seriously, I really liked Hetalia at the beginning, but I feel that it got less funny as it went on. I'll still watch this season, though, hoping that it's improved more.
Ryoko24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
YAY!! I am still a fan of the series. Very Happy
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote
Are there any Middle Eastern or African country characters yet? Think there was a Morocco or Egypt at some point...but no, say, Saudi Arabia or Nigeria
RestLessone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:56 pm Reply with quote
The fandom has died a bit since the first seasons. I'm happy for more Hetalia. Hope we see characters who haven't been animated or have just brief appearances!

Agent355 wrote:
Are there any Middle Eastern or African country characters yet? Think there was a Morocco or Egypt at some point...but no, say, Saudi Arabia or Nigeria

Egypt, Cameroon, and Seychelles are the only African characters thus far. There's also a Persia representing the ancient empire. Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe, and Uganda characters exist in a very early Gakuen Hetalia game but have not been used since.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1