• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
I've updated my postwith new Xmas pictures, nothing like Christmas in the middle of July.

Nice, I'm glad to see that some adults still enjoy the happiness of sitting on Santa's lap. Just goes to show you that your never too old to believe in the big man wearing the red suit Very Happy Where as Kyon...
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
I've updated my postwith new Xmas pictures, nothing like Christmas in the middle of July.

That Santa looks like he's high or juiced up on something lol.
bluepita

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
I mean I know disliking the climate in one state isn't really the best reason to move.

You, sir, have obviously never lived in Texas. It has the kind of climate that makes people leave in droves. As a matter of fact, I am pretty convinced that some PR guy came up with the whole "Texas is the best damned place in the world" campaign that so many of us seem to adhere to just to keep people from leaving because of the crazy weather.

Which always makes me wonder, do other people in other states have that same insane loyalty? For instance, have you ever seen a bumper sticker that said "I wasn't born in Indiana but I got here as quick as I could?"

And to stay on topic, I did remember that 300 is now one of my favorite movies...along with Nancy Drew. If you haven't seen these two, run to do so now.

AND I never got my gift bag!!!

Welcome to all the new folk!
daxomni

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:07 am Reply with quote
bluepita wrote:
Do other people in other states have that same insane loyalty? For instance, have you ever seen a bumper sticker that said "I wasn't born in Indiana but I got here as quick as I could?"

Looks like you forgot "Don't Mess With Indiana!" and "Indiana, it's like a whole other country." and "It's Indiana Truck Month!" for the sixth time this year.
musashi1600

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:26 am Reply with quote
I never posted here, did I?

Name: Musashi1600

Sex: Male

Blood Type: O+

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: 50% Japanese, 50% Okinawan. (4th generation descendant of people who came to Hawaii to cut cane.)

Religion: Atheist.

Pets: A dog, who my family adopted as a puppy from the local humane society 8 years ago.

Drink/Smoke: Too young to drink, not interested in smoking.

Favorite anime: Haibane Renmei.

Favorite Manga: Don't read too many manga, but I'd choose either Monster or FMA.

Favorite Books: 1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, and A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.

Favorite game: The Ace Combat series and Shadow of the Colossus.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Strawberry Calpico. (Thank you, Marukai.)

Favorite Foods: Italian food in general.

Favorite Sport (to play): Road cycling.

Favorite Music: Mostly songs from various anime and game soundtracks I've picked up. Notable mentions are "Zero" from Ace Combat Zero, "Ailes Grises" from Haibane Renmei, and "Meditational Field" from Paprika.

Hobbies: Biking, gaming, and photography to a certain extent.

Favorite Quotes:

"If tyranny and oppression come to this country, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
-James Madison

"Those who give a little liberty for a little security deserve neither liberty nor security."
-Benjamin Franklin

"The possibility that the Republican Party might become the minority party (in Hawaii) must never be discounted."
-William Quinn (in 1949)
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:02 am Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:
bluepita wrote:
Do other people in other states have that same insane loyalty? For instance, have you ever seen a bumper sticker that said "I wasn't born in Indiana but I got here as quick as I could?"

Looks like you forgot "Don't Mess With Indiana!" and "Indiana, it's like a whole other country." and "It's Indiana Truck Month!" for the sixth time this year.

One of the popular ones where I am is..."Welcome to California...Now go home!"
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:

There's a weird local pride thing that revolves around my hometown of Belleville, IL, known around these parts as "Bellevegas." Head over to bellevegas.com and there's all kinds of retarded Belleville pride shirts, as well as every single other podunk town in a 25 mile radius.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
starseven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm in Florida and we have the crazy population changes here. The summer a lot of the older population moves back north. The winter is when they all come back. We also have Disney and Busch Gardens here which attract people. I'm smack in the middle of Tampa and Orlando. It means that Busch Gardens and Disney are about an hour from where I live. I don't know why Florida is such a popular place to have theme parks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
omar235

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
bluepita wrote:
omar235 wrote:
I mean I know disliking the climate in one state isn't really the best reason to move.

You, sir, have obviously never lived in Texas.

Heh actually when I was younger we did live there for about a year (San Antonio). My dad couldn't find a job so we ended up moving to Orlando...well him finding a job was what he said was the reason. My mom said it was the dry heat. Very Happy
Dracul1431

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Name: Michael

Sex:Male

Blood Type:Don't Know

Marital Status: Single

Religion: Don't have one

Pets: A dog

Drink/Smoke: I sometimes drink, but its rare to see me drink and i don't smoke.

Dislikes: People who start arguing for stupid things.

Favorite anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Hellsing, Fullmetal Panic, Ergo Proxy, Lain, and Berserk.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Don't really read mangas.

Favorite Books: The Heart of Darkness, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Dracula

Favorite game: God of War, Halo, and many others.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Futurama, The Simpsons, South Park, almost every show on the Discovery Channel

Favorite Drink: I Don't Know i drink wine so i guess wine i dont know the name of it though.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Tea any kind

Favorite Foods: Japanese food and mexican food

Favorite Sites: This one and i guess myspace.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football, UFC, and baseball when its the playoffs.

Favorite Sport (to play): Golf and football

Favorite Music: Heavy Metal, Industrial Rock, Death Metal, JRock, and sometimes Gothic.

Hobbies:Drawing, playing guitar, and playing games.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Dracul1431 wrote:
Favorite Drink: I Don't Know i drink wine so i guess wine i don't know the name of it though.
Red wine I presume Wink

Welcome to ANN, I hope your time here doesn't suck.
mathious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quote
[If you want to edit a few favorite quotes into your bio post, feel free. But don't create an entire post full of nothing but random quotes and image spam of a bunch of mispelled captions on Final Fantasy screenshots. --Nagi]
LilacShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quote
I updated my post on page 2. All of my info is now on one post, and I've posted a more recent picture of myself. It's probably an even worse picture, but at least it's not from a few years ago like the others...
daedelus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:19 am Reply with quote
That's a nice pic Lilac Shadow Smile

Hey Past. Have you given any more thought to posting a pic?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quote
LuckySleven wrote:
Nice, I'm glad to see that some adults still enjoy the happiness of sitting on Santa's lap. Just goes to show you that your never too old to believe in the big man wearing the red suit Very Happy Where as Kyon...

Well you know company party a nice drink and and all sit on anyone lap. I just realized that my old tank of a phone is on my belt, oh god did I hate that thing.

psycho 101 wrote:
That Santa looks like he's high or juiced up on something lol.

Well he probably did just come from the mall where he dealt with screaming kids all day, I wouldn't past him if he had one or two prior to the party.

past wrote:
Dracul1431 wrote:
Favorite Drink: I Don't Know i drink wine so i guess wine i don't know the name of it though.
Red wine I presume Wink

Welcome to ANN, I hope your time here doesn't suck.

Well Past win for best joke of the year, that sucked so good. Wink

Also I added a photo of my brother and myself from a wedding I actually like this picture a lot unlike every other photo of me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 233