• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Heroic Legend of Arslan TV Anime's 7th Ad, UVERworld Song, More Cast Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorZero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
For a second I thought that it was Edward Elric with a grey hair. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what Arakawa going to do with the series and how Noriyuki Abe will handle directing duties.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote
The CG of the 300,000 (!) troops was too brief to form an opinion about it; I hope it won't be like KanColle's CG as been so far and will be done in a way that wouldn't distract the viewer.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:23 pm Reply with quote
What was that shit CGI?! I mean, it was a very short clip but you could clearly see how distracting it was.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
UVERworld with another hit.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Does anybody find the dearth of actual footage from this show in the trailers a bit disconcerting? As if they're ashamed of the final product.

I really want this to go well, damn it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's not like we didn't have another show that did exactly that and ended up being kind of a disaster or anything...

It really doesn't matter either way to me, original designs or bust, Arakawa's designs a shit.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to hear the full OP, looking forward to another good one from UVERworld.

I really like Arakawa's designs myself.

MajorZero wrote:
For a second I thought that it was Edward Elric with a grey hair. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what Arakawa going to do with the series and how Noriyuki Abe will handle directing duties.

Yeah.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:07 pm Reply with quote
This could be a bit or a miss imo given the staff and studio. But looking forward to UVERword's song for the season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, since they haven't shown anything the animation could certainly go either way right now. Hopefully Noriyuki Abe being so experienced will help push the animation staff and studio to surprise.

Another positive on the music end of things though, I'm excited for the soundtrack for this with Taro Iwashiro.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
What was that shit CGI?! I mean, it was a very short clip but you could clearly see how distracting it was.

I haven't seen any of CG in the other promo videos. And to be fair this shot would not be possible in 2D, at the very least they would have to put 2D drawings in a 3D space. And after having a closer look may of been what they did.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1