• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Empire of Corpses Anime Film Unveils Cast, Theme Song, Premiere Date

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Impressive visuals, music, and interesting premise. I'm actually excited about this along with the other two Project Itoh anime films.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jackanapes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow that actually looks absolutely gorgeous and I like the cast list a lot too. Movies are looking to continue to carry anime in 2015 for me, just a lot of great looking stuff coming out in October especially.
pandoraking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
this gotta be the best news in some time. egoist performing all 3 theme songs for this amazing movies. SO HYPED
BinBouGami1234

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:56 pm Reply with quote
There is a mistake in the sentence "The Empire of Corpses was originally slated for October, but is now slated to open in theaters in Japan on October 2.", the film was originally slated for December.

Also, I was already hyped for all three of these, but the fact that Egoist is doing the themes makes it even better!
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. I am so pumped for these. Between this and Onepunch Man, October can't come soon enough.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I am interested.

"EGOIST(Psycho-Pass)"

I dont blame you for not mentioning Guilty Crown, but the songs in that were great, and its the only other anime they performed for(and most importantly, 1st). lol
Mints97

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:28 pm Reply with quote
"Alexei Karamazov, a Russian priest"... Straight out from The Brothers Karamazov! That project Itoh guy must've been a Dostoyevski fan.

Now that about settles it, I think I'm goinng to watch this stuff =)
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Mints97 wrote:
"Alexei Karamazov, a Russian priest"... Straight out from The Brothers Karamazov! That project Itoh guy must've been a Dostoyevski fan.

Now that about settles it, I think I'm goinng to watch this stuff =)

Sherlock Holmes, Robinson Crusoe (crossed with James Bond), The Brothers Karamazov and one real-life person. He gathered quite a lot here Very Happy
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:16 am Reply with quote
ohh this looks prutty

Im not at a place where i can listen to the song but if the animation's any indication itll be good.

Guilty Crown was my intro to EGOIST and i just loved 'departures', as much as i loved the show ill admit it had a few... issues but its music was breathtaking especially the ending paired with that song.

now excuse me as i go find those damn onion chopping ninjas
CaRoss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I am so psyched for the release of Empire of Corpses. Of the three Project Itoh films, this one has had the strongest hold over my attention. The idea of John Watson, separate from Sherlock, going on an adventure is awesome enough on its own, but what they've shown in that preview has just pushed me over the moon for it.

Hopefully it gets shown/released in North America at some point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1