• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Heavy Object Anime's 1st Promo Video Previews ALL OFF's Theme Song

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:00 am Reply with quote
Well this looks neat with the theme song and artwork so far. I hope it will be a 2 cour as there's quite a bit to adapt. Make it happen please, JC.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MajorZero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:13 am Reply with quote
Can't say I was impressed by PV, but it's too soon to judge (for people who haven't read LN anyway).
Quote:
The story revolves around Objects — powerful, massive weapons that change the course of warfare — and Elite Object pilots. An odd Elite girl named Milinda meets Quenser, a student who aims to become a Object mechanic, with the soldier-in-training Heivia on a snowy battlefield.

I wish Games Workshop decided to make Warhammer 40K anime.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:23 am Reply with quote
I hope the CG doesn't clash too much with the art style, since this is undoubtedly going to be CG-heavy. Liking what I'm seeing so far.
ssjokg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:11 am Reply with quote
The synopsis is very misleading.It sounds like a "boy meets girl" story when they dont really interact with each other.

At least Princess isnt like Index, having her name in the title and barely doing anything.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 am Reply with quote
ssjokg wrote:
The synopsis is very misleading.It sounds like a "boy meets girl" story when they don't really interact with each other.

At least Princess isnt like Index, having her name in the title and barely doing anything.

People keep saying this, but they talk to each other quite a bit.

War just happens to be the primary focus of the series.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:39 am Reply with quote
Doesn't look too bad so far. If anything, it's deviation from the regular LN adaptations will spur me to at least give it a try.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:11 am Reply with quote
Looks good hoping it 2 cours like Index and Railgun
Hyro_10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:23 am Reply with quote
Looks......bad. Something about this seems off somehow. Still gonna be checking it out.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
Hyro_10 wrote:
Looks......bad. Something about this seems off somehow. Still gonna be checking it out.

It's one of those light novels where, as you read it, you think, "this is so ridiculous, how are these two jerks still alive, I can't believe I'm enjoying this", and then you keep on reading it because now they're fighting underwater.

Which is to say, it's absolutely amazing and awful all at the same time. Highly recommended, even with the sleazy cover art.
Hyro_10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:10 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:

It's one of those light novels where, as you read it, you think, "this is so ridiculous, how are these two jerks still alive, I can't believe I'm enjoying this", and then you keep on reading it because now they're fighting underwater.

Which is to say, it's absolutely amazing and awful all at the same time. Highly recommended, even with the sleazy cover art.

Laughing Laughing Great description, I hope I feel the same way watching.
Botan_TM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote

I have read 9/9 volumes and this is the best description I have met so far Laughing
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:13 pm Reply with quote

It sounds like those 2 main guys act like they're a buddy cop duo, right?
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Looks good.

LOL. This should be interesting.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Looks good. I was already planning on watching.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quote
The song is quite nice to listen to, and if you squint really hard, it will look like Toaru Majutsu no Index. *sigh*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2