• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action My Love Story/Ore Monogatari's Full Trailer Teases Kiss Scene

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:00 am Reply with quote
Ok, I'll definitely watch this. Just because Takeo's character was somehow on point. Nice pick of cast for ore mongagatari...

Edit: wait, lol Suna is also played by Kenta. Haha and he's also playing Hiromitsu for Heroine Shikkaku. So much of a secondary character. Maybe he'll play a main someday.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It also features Takeo practicing kissing with his best friend Sunakawa (with plastic wrap between them)

omg I so gonna watch this! Laughing
chito895

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:38 am Reply with quote
I'll only watch it for the Suna x Takeo kissing practice. Laughing Laughing

I wonder how much the movie will adapt. Maybe up to the point spoiler[where Takeo and Yamato kiss for the first time?]
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:46 am Reply with quote
To their credit, Takeo looks to be committed to acting the role. Good on em for that. Unfortunately, I STILL can't get over the sizing on him. The fact that he basically looks the same size as Suna (and when seated, practically the same size as YAMATO) makes it lose something. I get that it's difficult to find BIG actors (especially in Japan), I'm just saying it's a hang-up for me.
Brand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:58 am Reply with quote
I do wish Takeo looked bigger but this still looks cute as hell so I'm all over it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
How fast did this thing go from announcement to finished film?
I also wonder who has the worst movie industry amongst my country and Japan. Both used to be great and influential till the 80 or so and then just went to shit.
This trailer is pretty crappy so i am done and will stick to the manga/anime but at least the film´s story has something to do with the source material unlike Titan or the new Death Note.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Suzuki Ryohei still can nail those high school/comedic roles. I really adore him for that.

residentgrigo wrote:
How fast did this thing go from announcement to finished film?

The crank-in (start of shooting) was back in May and they finished within one month according to these two articles, seeing that the movie premiers in October, that's a lot of time for editing. Seeing that they made some changes in the trailer, I'm not necessarily surprised that they did it.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:55 am Reply with quote
This looks pretty good. Yamato doesn't look as sweet as in the anime and manga but she's still cute. Takao seems like a good fit. My interest in this is growing.
ForeverPurity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:56 am Reply with quote
dude, takeo is so on point. the sizing was probably difficult, but i think they executed perspective well to fix that.

yamato doesn't have the same sweet voice as she did in the anime, but, que sera sera

...my only regret is takeo's magical shirts.

sob
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1