• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World Trigger (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 43:

The episode felt a bit slow mainly because of the character analysis and strategic planning; although imo, it was important for both teams to plan out for their upcoming match. So far, I think Nasu Squad achieved a bit of surprise because of the field they picked.

Anyways, this could still go either way.

Expecting action next week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Wide World of Weather, with your host, Jun-MiKami.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 45:

Regardless win, loss, or tie, I think Nasu Squad is impressive in terms of spirit and strategy.

Good amount of action this episode including their background story in particular Akane. This battle earned my expectations. Well... I guess some of the bail outs were expected but Nasu Squad has my respects for what they were trying to do. Guess we'll see the conclusion of the fight next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't count on it. We've only lost 2 of 9 players. No way they'll finish off another 4-6 in just one episode. It wouldn't surprise me if they drew it out over 3 more.

Seems like Chika could have fired off one of her massive destructo rounds when those two were locked blade to blade and taken them both out at once. That would have been worth giving away her position I think.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 46:

Mm, the show returned this week.
And anyways, we get Nasu Unit fighting again. I think by this point, they've prove themselves as capable adversaries. I'm starting to root for them actually especially their captain.

Decent action and weapons analysis too. This match has been quite exciting imo.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Seems like Chika passed up another two-fer opportunity. She could have taken both of those guys out with one shot, then fired a couple more to drain the river before going back into hiding. As it was, she gave away her position without getting any points for it, and since she seems to still be safe, why not take out some opponents while she's at it?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:17 pm Reply with quote
One of the things I have been wondering is that Chika has not used her abilities at all to actually snipe. Her attacks are more of cannons to disrupt the opponent instead of stealthily take them out. Kind of feels a but like a waste.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 47:

Grats on Osamu's team and their win.

A bit predictable imo for Nasu Unit's result for this battle...

Still a nicely done episode of action and characterization in the end.
I'm quite proud of these girls for their accomplishments already.

Glad to see the show focus on them in casual wear after this to give them more screen time. It's like Jin said, both captains showed a lot of spirit in the match. That I am happy to see.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:00 am Reply with quote
Nice to see the other characters notice too that Chika doesn't shoot her opponents. I had just thought she was too timid and lacked confidence, or couldn't act on the fly to take advantage of the situations, but I guess there's more going on with that.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 48:

Well now that was ...a bit anti-climatic. Not much action although I liked the fact that Kitora was in this. It also reflected a bit more on Osamu's journey up to this point as a character.

Not sure how I feel about this episode overall though. The pacing just feels weird. However, the show is getting another season with a PV after that song at the end so I wonder how that story will follow, because from what I know, it will be anime original.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:30 am Reply with quote
That confused me too. I thought the new episodes were going to be like a spin-off series until they could continue the main series, but they act like it's episode 49. I guess we'll see.

You'd think all those people fighting him would take some time to give him some advice or teach him something. I mean, learn by doing is best, but it helps if you are taught some tips and tricks to do to learn. Just beating someone down over and over isn't a very effective method if you want them to get better.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I really liked this episode.

I don't think you can quite complain that people were just fighting him instead of giving advice. It's been clearly shown that Osamu doesn't have enough Trion to actually make it into Border, and that he had to trick his way in, and most of them rely on their Trion to power their skills. They can tell him until their faces turn blue, but without Trion, he's not going to be able to replicate their skills. What Osamu needs to do is discover his own way of fighting, which he can only do by practicing against a wide variety of styles.

The new opening is pretty cool, but I miss the last one. I really liked the second opening. Surprised they're ending it early, though. I thought it'd been confirmed for 51 or 52 episodes, and now we're starting the gaiden after only episode 48.

I do wish we'd get confirmation from Crunchyroll one way or another regarding WT: Visitors from Another World. From everything that's been reported, it's supposed to be a gaiden series, not just a new season. I'm assuming that they'll have it, and just continue it as episode 49, but not sure. Not liking the episode preview, though. It doesn't seem to fit that they'd suddenly have time to have a training camp in the middle of the Rank Wars.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:51 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
They can tell him until their faces turn blue, but without Trion, he's not going to be able to replicate their skills.

That doesn't mean they can't give him advice on how to best utilize what he has.

Just because people have different limitations doesn't mean you throw them into the pool to let them sink or swim. Most martial arts have a least some components based on fighting opponents who are much stronger than you. Surely someone fighting him or observing the fights could have offered some insight into what he might be able to do even with his low levels.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 49 (Fugitive from another World episode 1):

Hmm, that was kinda strange....

I mean, we get two new characters, new theme songs, and action. However, it felt similar to the first few episodes except there's humans that can control Trion Soldiers now? I'm kinda curious about that Lilith girl as well.

I wonder how long this arc will be though. Possibly another 4 cour? I kinda doubt it at the moment.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh, the show has been going for a full year.

Kind of a dick move to take a hostage of a person who was about to help you. Does he even want mercy?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 19