• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Thunderbolt Manga Gets Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:01 am Reply with quote
Another mecha adaptation. Interesting based on the premise. I wonder if it will be a TV series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZetaZaku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:38 am Reply with quote
Not the manga adaptation everyone wants, but I guess it might work lol.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:41 am Reply with quote
yay more UC!
Nyren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:53 am Reply with quote
I find it odd that this is getting an adaptation over Crossbone Gundam.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:32 am Reply with quote
I suppose one reason that so many Gundam titles are set in the UC timeline is because that's what started the Gundam franchise. From there, the other UC titles seemed to stand out above the other alternate timeline/calendar titles.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:41 am Reply with quote
I hope it's not indicative of Iron-Blooded Orphans not doing as well as they had hoped. But I'm looking forward to it, nonetheless.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
I have not once ever heard of this manga. Blue Destiny, Crossbones, The Origin, Zeta Define, yes, but Thunderbolt? I've never even seen a discussion online or scanlations. Maybe I'm now out of the Gundam loop.

While I'd prefer a story that takes place a few years later in the UC timeline, I guess I'll give this a shot. UC Gundam is my jam, after all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
amagee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:34 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
I find it odd that this is getting an adaptation over Crossbone Gundam.

I'm not sure if Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt is considered canonical but one thing that is always going against Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam is that it is definitely unofficial right now.

Given what a rough internet search reveals, it seems Thunderbolt is going to lean towards the a-canonical. Hopefully Sunrise clears some stuff up.

Last edited by amagee on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
leonard.lim.944023

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:34 am Reply with quote
Nyren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:46 am Reply with quote
leonard.lim.944023 wrote:
Opinions. While I love the UC, I also love the AU series and personally find a lot of them well worth the watch. G, Wing, X, 00, Iron-Blooded Orphans, all great series(The latter one is great thus far.).
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:50 am Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. Ill watch. The Moonlight Mile guy? I wonder how macho the main characters in this are?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:58 am Reply with quote
"Everything but Crossbone."

Also OYW saturation.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:18 am Reply with quote
Angsty-Blooded Beefcakes has finally lost me so this is good news. Actually great news as the last truly good Tv Gundam was 00´s season 2 and the other good TV show before that was Turn A. The source manga is one of the best ongoing Gundam comics to date (8,5/10) and my only worry is that the series isn´t finished but i can´t see it going on too much longer and it´s a rare Seinen entry in the franchise. Not that demographics mean that much but still and i strongly expect noticeable censorship if it truly ends up on TV.
Everything but Crossbone indeed!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nyren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:36 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Angsty-Blooded Beefcakes has finally lost me so this is good news. Actually great news as the last truly good Tv Gundam was 00´s season 2 and the other good TV show before that was Turn A. The source manga is one of the best ongoing Gundam comics to date (8,5/10) and my only worry is that the series isn´t finished but i can´t see it going on too much longer and it´s a rare Seinen entry in the franchise. Not that demographics mean that much but still and i strongly expect noticeable censorship if it truly ends up on TV.
Everything but Crossbone indeed!
Personally I found Turn A to be rather dull. It wasn't really interesting and certainly wasn't what I had come to expect from a Gundam series. Usually that's not a bad thing, but in this case I hardly recognized that it was a Gundam series. The same can be said of G-Reco, Tomino's latest Gundam attempt that utterly failed, and I disliked it more or less for the same reasons I disliked Turn A: Too light-hearted, not enough death and politics, corny dialogue, and the only new complaint was how confusing the whole thing was.
Kebble

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote
Any minute now, I'm going to wake up from this awesome dream... I mean, did I really just read that Gundam Thunderbolt is getting an anime adaption? Nothing can possibly ruin this moment.

*Wakes up* Shocked

"Nooooooooooo!"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3